Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Garden Frog's Buffalo area plant swap

Posted by penny1947 z6 WNY (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 05 at 21:36

I just want to say a super big thanks to Tara and Scott again for hosting our plant swap again this year. In spite of the warmer than last year weather it was fantastic and even more fun since many of us have already met and more relaxed. Thanks to everyone who attended for all the terrific plants you brought that will enhance my little bit of greenspace. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Penny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Garden Frog's Buffalo area plant swap

Once again thank you to Tara for hosting the event. I had an awesome time and it was great seeing everyone again. I got a lot of cool plants so thanks to all who attended. Man am I sunburned.

o

Let me join in with a big thanks to Tara and Scott for hosting our swap again this year. It was nice to see so many from last year and also nice to make so many new friends. What a awesome group of gardening people we have here in Western New York! Again, great new plants, great food and great company. Thanks to all.
Mary

o

yes, THANKS! It was nice to finally meet some of you regular posters. I got lots of wonderful plants, I think I'll put them all in a new bed that I had just created and call it my GARDENWEB Bed. Perhaps we can take photos later in the summer of our new acquisitions and post some of our successes.

Thanks Tara and Scott, you have a lovely home for hosting such a big group. And yes Glen, I too am SUNburned! Tops of my feet where I didn't put sunscreen for my first-time-of-the-year sandals. Ouch, itchy . . . .

o

Tara and Scott,
Thank you so much for your generous hospitality in hosting the western NY plant swap. I had never attended a swap of any kind and this event far outstripped my expectations. Your home and GARDEN are lovely. Thanks to all the attendees for a great swap and lots of wonderful plants. I agree, let's post some photos of the plants in their new homes. Good gardening to all.
Ruth

o

Agreed, thank you Tara for hosting again. I, too, am sunburned (mostly by my neck, a little on the tops of my feet), but have lots of wonderful-looking plants. Now if only I could figure out the best time to get them in the ground with this heat... it's 77 at 9:30am, so it looks to be another warm one.
Tara, I am insanely jealous of your massive clumps of bearded iris. They are gorgeous. Thank you also for the clematis cuttings. They will hopefully root as the summer progresses.
Thank you everyone for a lovely day with tons of nice plants, good food, and good conversation. It was fun.

o

As I said yesterday, the plant swap would be nothing without all of you, so thank you all for making it such a great swap. We really do have such a nice group of gardeners here!!

Thank you especially to those of you that helped me so much with set up and clean up. And a special thank you to Anna who was there every few minutes offering to help!

I think for next year we definitely need to add sunscreen and bathing suits to the list of things to bring! :) It sure was super hot this year, but it was a lot of fun as usual!

I so enjoyed seeing everyone and I can't wait to get all my new plants in the ground. I know several of them will be great additions to my new gardens!! :)

I found a pair of silver/gray plastic sunglasses in the garage as well as one of the gifts from the Chineese exchange so if anyone left either of those things, let me know!!

One last thing, I wanted to mention to those of you who attended the swap...Scott and I are having a cookout on July 2nd. It's a potluck, just like the plant swap, and we'll also have a bonfire and plenty of swimming, volleyball, and other general merriment. If any of you are free and able to attend I would love to see you all there! Please bring your families along! If you think you can make it, let me know and I will give you the details.

Thanks again everyone!!

Tara

P.S. I will post the pictures of the Chinese swap as soon as I get a chance...will someone PLEASE remind me to take pictures DURING the swap next year?????? :)

o

Thank you Tara and Scott for a great day!!! I had a nice time, so glad I came. It was fun, glad to meet the gardenweb gang!!!! My sun burn really stings, of couse It did not help being out all day again, I was so busy getting my new plants in the ground and watering them!!!
Thanks again!!! MULCHY

o

Tara & Scott-Thanks so much for hosting another great garden swap...Anika is a beautiful child!!!! Great plants, great people, a great day. Yeah Im sunburned too, but took the day off work and got more sun, I hadda get somethings planted up but lots more to go...thanks everyone for the good time and the great selection of plants...glad i found out Remy's real name lol.

o

Tara & Scott, Thankyou again for hosting. It was a great way to spend an afternoon. Everyone was so friendly, and plants and food - what more could you ask for. I am already thinking about what I could bring next year if it is done again.
Linda

o

A big Thank You to Tara and Scott from me also! It was a great time even though I was melting. My husband swore he told me it was going to get really hot while I was getting ready in the morning, but obviously I never heard him. It was nice that most everyone from last year could make it again, and meeting more new gardeners too. Husky, next year you can explain my name,lol.
Looking forward to next year and thanks again,
Remy

o

I, too, want to thank you both for all the effort you put into organizing the Plant Swap. Great gardens, gardeners and food. I loved watching the Chinese Auction. I got a little too much sun on my shoulders and arms, but it's already turned to tan. Silly me ~ I didn't think to use sunblock!!

Hope to see you all again next year!!

Bravo to Tara & Scott

o

• Posted by jlui z6 UpstateNY (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 12, 05 at 0:35

Well, my hat and pre-application of sunblock worked wonders. No sunburn to speak of -- and I usually roast like a chicken! Anyway, I had a great time and came away with some really wonderful plants. A big thanks to everyone! Especially to Tara, for hosting -- and for letting me dig up her irises! :-)

Jen

o

too bad i just got back into garden web - i just missed all the fun at the swap :( but, hopefully I'll be an active member again now and get to meet you all next year.

chandra

o

Sounds like a very active Western NY group. Sorry I missed the swop but I am new to the group. Looking forward to next year. LL Kenmore, NY

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from New York are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here