Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cats39

Breaking Ice :)(

cats39
19 years ago

Now that most of us living in UpState-CNY are finally in our winter mode of shoveling :>( and snow blowing :>( and plowing :>( IÂve only been able to lurk with my first cup of coffee in the morning before braving the cold. What a difference a week and a half or so makes? From 64 to -5 (as it is right now) to -15 (as it will be tomorrow.). And then to top that off, having to read threads like "WhatÂs green at your house?" with so many UPSÂerÂs still having greenery on Jan 13th before our first real snows came a few days ago.

You Winter SowerÂs must be in Ecstasy?

Although I didnÂt add to that "What's Growing" thread, the Swiss Chard that continued upward into Oct and Nov was eventually pulled by the root and covered lightly with compost and horse manure. It seemed to have uninterrupted growth as it must have re-rooted and pushed through the ground cover. In Dec. It was still growing green and early Jan It was as shiny and ready to pick if I were to uncover.

But anyway, since I donÂt have to go out this morning to shovel :>) or blow away :>) the snow, I thought IÂd break the "Ice" and give you a heads up on something I posted on the Vermicomposting Forum ---- if you have the time :>) At least IÂm growing worms and canÂt wait Âtil April 1st when we might have a chance to see them crawling on the ground and in our Gardens again.

63 days Âtil the 1st of April  I canÂt wait.

And 34 dayÂs Âtil "Our" Upstate Ground Hog Day March 2nd.

The post can be found on the Vermicomposting Forum under;

A funny thing happened on the way to................

Posted by: CATS39 z5 Upstate NY on Wed, Jan 26, 05 at 20:03

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County