Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_frog

Hello from Garden_frog

garden_frog
19 years ago

Just wanted to say hello to all my GardenWeb friends. I've been MIA for a while. I've been keeping busy getting ready for our new baby and more recently, busy with our baby. We had a baby girl on November 29th and named her Anika Julianna. Glen (aka Riverbirch), I don't know how you get any thing done with twins!! I've got pictures of her posted on my website if anyone wants to see.

http://home.earthlink.net/~garden_frog/Main_Page/Page_1x.html

Also, I've posted on the exchange page about the WNY swap for this year. I'm happy to host it again if people are interested. Just post over there. By the way, I still have a few of people's dishes from the pot luck!!

Well, I'd better run. Just wanted to say hi to everyone! I miss you all!!

Tara

Comments (16)

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Oops, it's been so long, I posted that link wrong!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: My website

• Aurore
    19 years ago

Very nice website.

• Hooti
    19 years ago

Hi Tara! have been thinking of you and wondering about the baby. As a matter of fact I clicked on this forum on one window and my yahoo mailbox in another, thinking of emailing you and some others that were at the exchange-and here you are! Yay!

Haven't been to the link yet, but I will be at the exchange for sure! It was such a great help to me and I have sown extra of everything. I hope I can have better plants to share! I sowed extra of everything so I can share with all my garden friends!

I never put the pictures up from the last exchange, but I will do so soon, so people can see what a great time it is!

PAX
    Vavsie
    Laurette

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks Aurore for the comment on my website!

Hooti, great to hear from you too! Be sure and post those pics when you can!!

For anyone who is interested, here is the link to the post regarding the exchange...

Tara

Here is a link that might be useful: Buffalo/ Rochester Spring 2005 Plant Exchange

• penny1947
    19 years ago

hey Tara,
    congratulations on the new addition to the family! it is really good to hear from you. I am up for the exchange again this year so I will check out the xchnge page and your website. i have been a little MIA myself for the past month. will be glad when it starts to warm up and orders slow down so I can 'visit' the forum more often.

Penny

• janetsflowers
    19 years ago

Hi Tara,
    Congratulations on the safe arrival of your lovely daughter! You website is so nice.
    I often think of the wonderful plant swap at your house as I admire the lovely plants I got there. See you this summer! Janet

• Hooti
    19 years ago

Dear Tara,

I like the picture of Anika sticking her tongue out and winking.

You were so little still at the exchange, so I love the fall pictures.

Laurette

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Penny, I know what you mean about being MIA. There just isn't enough time in the day. At least it's been a mild winter so far (of course now that I've uttered those words, I'm sure we are in for a blizzard next week). Looking forward to seeing you this spring. (I should drop off your dish next time I go visit my parents!!)

Janet, thanks for the compliments on Anika and the website. It was a project I worked on this fall since I was too round to do a lot of gardening! Glad you will be at the swap again this year!

Laurette, I love that picture of Anika too! It's my favorite! I certainly rounded out in those last trimester pictures didn't I? By the way, the Rose Campion you gave me took off like crazy!!

Looks like we've already got a good group for the swap! Should be a good one!

Tara

• remy_gw
    19 years ago

Hi Tara, I haven't been to the forum in awhile myself, so I thought I would check it out. And here you are! Congratulations! I'm happy you have a beautiful healthy baby girl.
    Most everything from the garden swap did well for me, and I had such a nice time. I am looking forward to the swap this year.
    Since the swap nothing much exciting happened this past year. Though sadly, my one dog Thor died of cancer in July.
    My husband and I did go to the SPCA and get a new dog, Creton. He is a mix of springer spaniel and black lab. So he is bizzare looking dog. Imagine a black lab with a hunting dog coat. He is sweet dog who loves everyone.
    Oh, I did just post yesterday to be a floral manager at work. Who knows if I'll get it. I know I'll do good in the interview, and my love of flowers will help greatly. But a lot depends on who else posted. So, say a prayer or good wish for me(anyone else reading this please do the same :).)
    Take care,
    Remy

• hammerl
    19 years ago

Tara,

She's beautiful! (and wow, that third trimester photo..)Glad to hear you're all doing so well. Today's warm weather has me thinking about the plant exchange! (and that's a great looking clematis in that photo by the deck. If you ever start cuttings for the exchange, I want one!)

Remy, good luck. Here's hoping you get the floral manager position.

• husky004_
    19 years ago

Congratulations to you and Scott, she's beautiful Tara. Count me in for the 2005 swap...hopefully it'll be a bit calmer summer for me. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Remy-Wishing you the best of luck...hope you get the job.

• fairydancer
    19 years ago

What a beautiful little girl! Congrats! I just had my second son in July.....trying to winter sow while taking care of them is a challenge....especially since my 3 year old has given up his naptime and I am mourning that loss! Hopefully Spring will bring time outside for us to all garden together.

Hope you are sleeping more than I am!

~Deb

• penny1947
    19 years ago

Tara,
    Anika is just adorable! Hope we get to see her at the next plant swap!

Penny

• rbirch
    19 years ago

Wow, its been a long time since I got to sit down at the computer. Tara, belated congrats on your new addition. Keeping you busy? ha ha ha! You wondered how I got anything done with twins, well I dont get as much done as I used to but I would not trade it for the world. So happy for you and I cant wait to see everyone this summer at the exchange. I probably wont get to post anything here for a couple more months as the kids keep me busy. Till then good gardening.

Glen AKA. Riverbirch

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Remy, how did your job change pan out??? Did you get the floral manager position?? I am so sorry about Thor. Losing a pet is so hard. Creton sounds beautiful!! I want to see pics!!

Valerie, I'd be happy to start a clematis cutting for you, just tell me how! :)

Deb, I am getting some sleep, but not finding time for much else.

Penny, Anika will definitely be at the swap! Scott's not brave enough to take her on his own for that long! :)

Glen, glad you'll be at the swap! Looking forward to seeing you there!

OK, I gotta get some work done!

TTYL!

Tara

• gail14054
    18 years ago

Tara,
    Congratulations to both of you on the new addition. I'll know tomorrow if I can make it to the Plant Swap this year. I'm hoping to have that weekend off!!

Gail

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler