Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for pictures of water in your gardens

Posted by kareen z5 NY Renss.Co. (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 11, 06 at 10:25

Hi everyone,
I posted a similar post last year , had a computer crash and lost the ones I received. I am fine tuning a talk on water gardens , water features and fish ponds and would like to do a photo presentation of upstate gardens that include any of these. Thank in advance. Kareen
P.S. someone on here sent a photo of a natural pond in Green County with pink lilies that I loved but lost. If you are out there could you pleae re send it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for pictures of water in your gardens

i had one that I made from a tin watering can that I had and an old galvanized washttub. As you may already suspect I got the idea from you Kareen. However my computer completely died thanksgiving day and I lost everything so I am afraid I am unable to help until spring rolls around.

Penny

o

Karen: I remember this post from last year, it was so fun to read.

Here's a watering can fountain I made in 2004.

I had some river rocks in the galvanized tub to muffle the sound of the water a bit.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Website

o

• Posted by kareen z5 NY Renss.Co. (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 13, 06 at 10:01

Thanks so much Faltered, thats one of the ones I was looking for.
Penny , so sorry to hear you also had a crash. These
computers are wonderful and troublesome.
Everyone, please keep those pond and water feature pics coming. Thanks, Kareen

o

Kareen
PCs can be a pain when things don't work but what would we do without them these days.

Faltered my set up is similar to yours and so simple I would love to make several! I was really luck in the fact that the only thing I actually purchased was the watering can. The tub was a drive-by pick-up and the pump was given to me by another gardener that dismantled her set up.

Penny

o

These are NOT mine, but I saw them on a garden tour last year. Both from the same place, one large, one small.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Wow, great photos gottagarden. So serene. I need to add a small container water garden to my yard this year. Those photos are inspiring.

Tracy

o

• Posted by kareen z5 NY Renss.Co. (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 20, 06 at 17:19

Thanks so much Gottagarden,
They are both great ponds.
please keep this post going....thanks, Kareen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here