Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kareen_gw

Looking for pictures of water in your gardens

kareen
18 years ago

Hi everyone,

I posted a similar post last year , had a computer crash and lost the ones I received. I am fine tuning a talk on water gardens , water features and fish ponds and would like to do a photo presentation of upstate gardens that include any of these. Thank in advance. Kareen

P.S. someone on here sent a photo of a natural pond in Green County with pink lilies that I loved but lost. If you are out there could you pleae re send it?

Comments (7)

• penny1947
    18 years ago

i had one that I made from a tin watering can that I had and an old galvanized washttub. As you may already suspect I got the idea from you Kareen. However my computer completely died thanksgiving day and I lost everything so I am afraid I am unable to help until spring rolls around.

Penny

• faltered
    18 years ago

Karen: I remember this post from last year, it was so fun to read.

Here's a watering can fountain I made in 2004.

{{gwi:1321621}}

I had some river rocks in the galvanized tub to muffle the sound of the water a bit.

{{gwi:1321622}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My Website

• kareen
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks so much Faltered, thats one of the ones I was looking for.
    Penny , so sorry to hear you also had a crash. These
    computers are wonderful and troublesome.
    Everyone, please keep those pond and water feature pics coming. Thanks, Kareen

• penny1947
    18 years ago

Kareen
    PCs can be a pain when things don't work but what would we do without them these days.

Faltered my set up is similar to yours and so simple I would love to make several! I was really luck in the fact that the only thing I actually purchased was the watering can. The tub was a drive-by pick-up and the pump was given to me by another gardener that dismantled her set up.

Penny

• gottagarden
    18 years ago

These are NOT mine, but I saw them on a garden tour last year. Both from the same place, one large, one small.

• faltered
    18 years ago

Wow, great photos gottagarden. So serene. I need to add a small container water garden to my yard this year. Those photos are inspiring.

Tracy

• kareen
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks so much Gottagarden,
    They are both great ponds.
    please keep this post going....thanks, Kareen