Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
misskimmie

seeds are in 2009!

misskimmie
15 years ago

Just returned from K-mart in New Hartford (Utica area). They had 2 kiosks for "Martha Stewart" and "The Cooks Garden" seeds. I bought a few things on my want list including Long Island Cheese Pumpkin.

Please your your reports of seed sightings

Comments (13)

• booberry85
    15 years ago

ZOWIE! I was just about to ask if anyone has seen seeds pop up anywhere. That's the EARLIEST they've ever had seeds out. Last year it seemed like the box stores were all late in getting seeds out. Yeah for K-Mart!

• clyft
    15 years ago

haven't seen seeds but received my first flower catalog. Must resist the urge to buy!

• disneynut1977 ~ Melissa
    15 years ago

Large Burpee seed rack at Home Depot in Syracuse.

Melissa

• misskimmie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just called Home Depot in New hartford. They are in. YEAH !!! I'm grabbing mt purse and heading out the door. Thanks for the report Melissa.

• misskimmie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Agway in Clinton are in. - kim

• sewobsessed
    15 years ago

Ace Hardware in Rome has a nice supply out.
    They always have some unusual seeds - unique pumpkin, squash, flowers, gourds, even cactus seed.
    It's where I get popcorn seed from. They even have the strawberry.
    :)

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Home Depot & Lowes in Camillus have seeds in!

• fleethart
    15 years ago

Agway in Wright's Corners north of Lockport has seeds and they have a line imported from Italy. Fun stuff!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I was in Watertown yesterday. The Kmart & Lowes have seeds. Target does not have their seeds out yet.

• booberry85
    15 years ago

The seeds are not here yet, but I picked up some peat pellet starter kits at the Real Deal Dollar Store in Baldwinsville today (Yes, I'm on the road a few times a week for work!)

• hklimsa
    15 years ago

I just planted my veg. I moved from syracuse two years
    ago, I love the weather in Austin, everthing grows in zone 8, It is heaven for gardeners.

• booberry85
    15 years ago

The Christmas Tree Shop in the Mattydale Plaza has seeds. WATCH the PRICES!!! They have signs prominently displayed that the seeds are half off. However, it's half off the manufacturers price, not the sticker price. So their Italian seeds have a sticker on them with the price already half off. I didn't realize this and found out the hard way.

• tommy2
    15 years ago

I just got most of mine from Lowes and Home Depot.
    The workers thought I was a little strange to be picking over the seeds so early in teh season.lol.but I know better. By April-May, all the good stuff will be gone.

Now is definitely the time to buy seeds..

Still a few varieties Im looking for that HD and Lowes didnt have. I'll check a few other stores before I catalog order.

Also, anyone know a place that sells sweet potato slips locally? (central NY, Syracuse, etc..) Looking for a short season bush variety. Theyre fairly expensive from the seed catalogs.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus