Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seeds are in 2009!

Posted by misskimmie z4b Central NY (kim@mpgfilms.com) on
Fri, Jan 2, 09 at 17:07

Just returned from K-mart in New Hartford (Utica area). They had 2 kiosks for "Martha Stewart" and "The Cooks Garden" seeds. I bought a few things on my want list including Long Island Cheese Pumpkin.

Please your your reports of seed sightings

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seeds are in 2009!

ZOWIE! I was just about to ask if anyone has seen seeds pop up anywhere. That's the EARLIEST they've ever had seeds out. Last year it seemed like the box stores were all late in getting seeds out. Yeah for K-Mart!

o

haven't seen seeds but received my first flower catalog. Must resist the urge to buy!

o

Large Burpee seed rack at Home Depot in Syracuse.

Melissa

o

I just called Home Depot in New hartford. They are in. YEAH !!! I'm grabbing mt purse and heading out the door. Thanks for the report Melissa.

o

Agway in Clinton are in. - kim

o

Ace Hardware in Rome has a nice supply out.
They always have some unusual seeds - unique pumpkin, squash, flowers, gourds, even cactus seed.
It's where I get popcorn seed from. They even have the strawberry.
:)

o

Home Depot & Lowes in Camillus have seeds in!

o

Agway in Wright's Corners north of Lockport has seeds and they have a line imported from Italy. Fun stuff!

o

I was in Watertown yesterday. The Kmart & Lowes have seeds. Target does not have their seeds out yet.

o

The seeds are not here yet, but I picked up some peat pellet starter kits at the Real Deal Dollar Store in Baldwinsville today (Yes, I'm on the road a few times a week for work!)

o

I just planted my veg. I moved from syracuse two years
ago, I love the weather in Austin, everthing grows in zone 8, It is heaven for gardeners.

o

The Christmas Tree Shop in the Mattydale Plaza has seeds. WATCH the PRICES!!! They have signs prominently displayed that the seeds are half off. However, it's half off the manufacturers price, not the sticker price. So their Italian seeds have a sticker on them with the price already half off. I didn't realize this and found out the hard way.

o

I just got most of mine from Lowes and Home Depot.
The workers thought I was a little strange to be picking over the seeds so early in teh season.lol.but I know better. By April-May, all the good stuff will be gone.

Now is definitely the time to buy seeds..

Still a few varieties Im looking for that HD and Lowes didnt have. I'll check a few other stores before I catalog order.

Also, anyone know a place that sells sweet potato slips locally? (central NY, Syracuse, etc..) Looking for a short season bush variety. Theyre fairly expensive from the seed catalogs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here