Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gottagarden

It's started! Garden swap posting on EXCHANGE page

gottagarden
18 years ago

Last year gardenfrog hosted one of the plant swaps at her lovely home in Albion. And she's still willing to do it again! So if you are interested, look at the EXCHANGES page, I know I only look there twice a year unless it's swap time.

If you are from another area and are willing to host (tastefullyJulie ?) that might also be the place to post to see how much interest there is, whether we have overlapping areas, etc. I know magicman was hoping for a Buffalo one.

I agree with tastefullyJulie and mulchy on the last thread, that I would NOT want to post flyers and open it to the public. Last year there were probably almost 30 people at gardenfrogs, so we already had a good crowd.

Also, on your member page is a place for you to put info on trades that you are interested in, and arrangements can be made in advance with individual members for some private trades as well. Last year I wasn't aware of this feature, so I thought maybe a few other people also didn't see it. This year I might use it so I can hopefully get a few specifics that I am looking for. (I haven't done it yet either :-)

So, YEAH! Time to start thinking about spring! Happy swapping

Here is a link that might be useful: garden frog's plant swap notice

Comments (8)

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Wow, I didn't know there was an exchange page here specific to our area. I always go to the main one. Anyway if anyone's looking for a more Northern location to do a swap I'd be happy to offer my yard (already cleared it with DH). If not that's ok too. Email me or just post here if you are from Lockport, Tonawandas, Grand Island, etc. I know Albion will be too far for me but it's no big deal if we don't get another one going. Just keeping options open :)

• garden_frog
    18 years ago

Julie, just wanted to mention, I'm actually only about 45 minutes from Lewiston (that's a short drive for me, but I know that's far for most people). I totally understand if that's too far for you, but wasn't sure if you were familiar with my area at all. It's a straight shot out 104 pretty much all the way to my house.

Anyhow, hopefully we'll get to see you at the June swap, but of course let me know if you plan another swap and I may try to swing in to that one as well!

Tara

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Tara,

That's good to know. I actually thought it was much further. I like 104, too, it's a nice drive. I could probably make it!

• faltered
    18 years ago

Wow, I just mapquested directions to Albion and it's an hour and a half. I thought it was way closer to me than that!!! Oh the things we go through for our plants and gardens, eh?

Tracy

• remy_gw
    18 years ago

Tracy,
    It is off the Batavia exit on the Thruway, so it is not that far. If you take 104(maybe that is what you mapped?)from out your way, it is much longer.
    Remy

• faltered
    18 years ago

Remy: Nope, I mapquested the directions just to the town of Albion and they told me 80 minutes. But I'm thinking the actual drive will be less than that. We shall see!

Tracy

• husky004_
    18 years ago

Hey Tracy-im just a hop skip and a jump from you in West Seneca, meet up with me we'll swing by and pick up Penny and away we'll go!!! Penny is my auto-pilot for the past two years we always get our plans screwed up but somehow make it...heck last year we even stopped to ask for directions at a nursery(who'da think?)but no we didn't buy anything!!!

• faltered
    18 years ago

That sounds great! I would love to car pool with ya'll. Do you think all of our plants will fit?! I only have a small Kia Rio- barely a back seat.

Tracy

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz