Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yoyobon_gw

Have created a monster.......buck in love with me !

yoyobon_gw
10 years ago

Unfortunately I have created a monster by allowing a young buck to feed near my house.
Well, actually I toss out an apple for him.
So now he spends a lot of time staring in my window or waiting by my garage service door for me.
If I drive up my drive he comes out of the woods to greet me ( or beg most likely).
He has no fear of humans apparently and would rather just hang around like a pet.

All the older buck in the woods and doe are fearful and run.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Comments (2)

• susanzone5 (NY)
    10 years ago

He may be sick. Stop feeding him and he'll stop coming.

• lovetogarden
    10 years ago

Be careful. He might be cute now but not so cute later when the hormones are raging. Still, I know how you feel. Whenever I see an animal that looks hungry or neglected my first reaction is to take care of it. If you want to do it some good, leave it alone. Or do what I used to do when it was a very difficult winter for wild life - put some feed into the woods. I used to put fruit, nuts, a salt block, and trimmings from my evergreen shrubs into the woods. I also put out seed for the birds and corn for the squirrels. I never put out any food for wildlife when bears were starting to come out of hibernation. The last thing you need is to come face to face with a grouchy, hungry, and possibly angry (if she were a mother) bear. Whatever you do, don't go into the woods alone, and make sure someone other than the person you are with knows where you are going.

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets