Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dkotchey

Uploading Pictures

dkotchey
19 years ago

I'm having a hard time uploading and displaying my pictures. My pictures are on WebShots. Looks like people are getting denied when clicking the link. Also, I couldn't get the image to display in the post using the instructions I find on gardenweb. Can someone help me out?

Comments (13)

• Anne_Marie_Alb
    19 years ago

I don't know which directions you were following, so my help may be a repetition.
    2 ways:
    To insert a link to your picture (that usually works best), you need to put this 'code' within these brackets : A HREF = "URL address" No space after or before brackets, then, name of your link, and finally: /A within brackets , to close the link.
    To insert a picture directly in your text, write following code IMG SRC = "URL of your picture-ending with a .jpg" within the brackets . No need for a 'closing' bracket in that case.

Now this said, I think Webshots does make it hard to insert the photo directly into a text. I think they prefer you use a link to the website. The address you would be using would be the one that appears in the URL box at the top of your page. You can also try with the picture.

Many people have turned to photobucket to store their pictures. I personally still use yahoo
    Hope this helps a little. Feel free to let me know if I can help some more.
    Anne-Marie

• kareen
    19 years ago

Webshots will not allow posting....if you happen to get your picture to come up here it will disappear quickly. I highly recommend Photobucket.com, I find it by far the easiest in terms of posting photo's on message boards. Once you have uploaded your photoss to Photobucket you won't even need to remember the codes Anne Marie gave you ...they are directly under the picture and you just copy it from there and paste it here.I know it is frustrating to have those pics and not be able to get them to show up.Good luck and email me direct if you need help with Photobucket.And if you need help with the codes Anne Marie is the queen of the codes on here IMHO.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pond and gardens

• dkotchey
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks for the help and info on the pictures. I'm going to use Photobucket.com!

• Wantoretire
    19 years ago

Kareen - Is it necessary to use the Premier Photobucket or will the free format work? Thanks, Carol

• shimla
    19 years ago

Carol - I use the free photobucket and it works fine! It is much easier than Webshots. I switched over last year. All you have to do is copy the ULR info to post an attachment or the TAG to post the pic directly into your post. The ULR and TAGs are in little boxes so you've just have to copy and paste. I like easy :)

• kareen
    19 years ago

I am sorry I am a day late getting back to you Carol. I have the free service and it works great.

• lblack61
    19 years ago

I started using photobucket as a suggestion by MrsBee on the WSing forum. It works great for me--and I didn't know how to post a photo here either.

• dkotchey
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks for the help on this. I've been moving pictures over to Photobucket. So I'm giving it a try:

{{gwi:194150}}

• kareen
    19 years ago

Great job on the picture posting and especially the garden....eye candy on a cold white day.

• babanna
    19 years ago

You guys inspired me (that and the recent garden junk post). It has taken me 2 days but I can now post a pic...still working on the link (I'm babanna on photobucket too...would like to link to it..by enabling people to click on -is this possible?).
    Here's my first pic. ever which I just posted on the test forum.
    {{gwi:1322320}}

• babanna
    19 years ago

try my link they just taught me how on the garden junk site! too exciting! now i'll have to load my other pics onto my photobucket site.

Here is a link that might be useful: my photobucket pics so far

• kareen
    19 years ago

Great pictures and its good to see you back on here.

• Anne_Marie_Alb
    19 years ago

Great 'island', great welcoming entrance to your house, dkotchey!! and.. of course, congratulations on getting your picture posted.
    Anne-Marie

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!