Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is winter finally coming?

Posted by bonnie_ny z5NY (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 06 at 10:40

I hate to say it, but it looks like winter will finally arrive this week. I have enjoyed the weather so much lately. Many of my flowers are coming up, which has me a little worried. The other night I had a campfire outside and was sitting out there reading and cooking supper over the fire. It was such a treat to be doing that in January here in central NY. Well, maybe we'll get to go x-country skiing now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is winter finally coming?

ur right. The warning says about a "white out" situation.

o

I have been listening to the wind all night long. The weather channel was forcasting high winds and rain/snow overnight. So far just high wind but no rain or snow and it is still about 38 degrees.

Penny

o

High winds and snow here and bitterly cold, well not lots of snow but enough i was getting used to green grass and warm temps...oh well at least it's February and only a few more months to go.

o

We did have flurries yesterday but nothing on the ground. We may get an inch or two today.

Penny

o

After our brief "melt-a-thon" up here, yesterday the garlic was poking through where the mulch had blown away.

Winter's back again today after some spring-like temps up here in the mountains and hopefully, we can get back to normal.

o

Well, it looks like winter is really back here finally in the Southern Tier. I'm glad, really - I was concerned that my winter sown containers would sprout too soon, and the seedlings would freeze, but the cold has returned before anything sprouted.

Now if it would just snow enough for my kids to sled, that would be great - they got new sleds recently, and haven't been able to use them yet. And my youngest is on a snowman kick, and wants to make a whole line of them in the front yard (shades of Calvin and Hobbes!).

Laurel

o

Winter is here too but we only received about 2" of snow which is fine with me!! My nephew used one of the Calvin & Hobbes snowman cartoons as his theme for his Boy Scout Father/Son cake baking contest. It turned out really cute.

o

Well just like our groundhog I have crawled back into my nice warm burrow until spring....winter has returned to Niagara County too.

Penny

o

15 below when I got up today. Yep, winter's back!

o
you can tell how cold it is from the pictures

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here