Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adina72

Plant Exchange in Syracuse Area

Dottie B.
18 years ago

Just wondering if anyone is planning a plant trade in the Syracuse area. I don't really have the room to host one, but I may have lots to trade if my wintersowing takes off.

Comments (10)

• phylrae
    18 years ago

I would also be interested in knowing if anyone is planning a plant trade...I am in the Baldwinsville/Liverpool area. Phyl

• ridgetop01 (zone 5b)
    18 years ago

I did one 2 years ago. It was a lot of fun, I got a lot of interesting plants from it. It was also quite a bit of work. I'd be willing to help someone run one, on their property or mine, would rather work with someone than do it all myself. It rained cats-and-dogs the day we did it, and was chilly, but we set up food, etc in garage, and DH ran a heater in there, and we shared umbrellas and made dashes out into the yard to pick plants. We all brought things, set them up, and then round-robined to pick things we wanted. A few people did specific exchanges, set up prior, as well, but I think that the group I had, almost all of whom were new to exchanges, liked being able to pick from everything rather than some things being unavailable to them.

It really was a lot of fun, and I would enjoy doing it again. I'm in Chittenango. Here is a link to a few pictures from the day, and if you go up a link you'll see my website, with some pics of my gardens. Cheers!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden swapping in the rain

• Dottie B.
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'd be willing to help plan one (though I've never done it before). I'd love to be able to host one, but our place is so small and we don't have a garage for a back up. I am in the Pennellville area, 5 miles north of Great Northern Mall in Clay off County Route 10. If you could let me know what would be involved in hosting one or helping to host one, I'd appreciate it. I assume June is a good month to have it? If anyone is interested, feel free to e-mail me privately also.

• hklimsa
    18 years ago

HI,I live in Lafayette my garden is huge, I live in 7 1/2 acres land, I have over 20 gardens , started with just a small garden tweny five years ago, I host exchange plant party every May and fall, I will post it soon. send me e-mail if you are interested

• Dottie B.
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That's great...I will keep an eye out for your posting. Thanks!

• mzzcat923
    18 years ago

Hello..

I am new here and wondered if I might be able to get in on this plant exchange. Please keep me posted. Thanks!

• party_music50
    18 years ago

I check in here once in awhile and might be interested if there is a nearby exchange.

• Dottie B.
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I haven't seen anyone post one yet, but it's still early. I've been checking the exchange page every week (I believe that is where it will be posted). If you are not sure where the exchange page is, look towards the top of the page where it says "Messages". Just below that is a line that says "On Topic Discussions". To the right of that is a link to "Exchanges". I'll also post a direct link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Upstate NY Exchanges

• party_music50
    18 years ago

Thanks, adina72. I'll check the Exchanges too. :)

PS: I peeked at some of your garden photos from the link on your member page. Very nice!!! looks like you have lots of space! (from the perspective of someone with less. lol.)

• hklimsa
    18 years ago

HI, I am going to host plant exchange party in syracuse Area in May 20th from noon until 4:00 p.m. keep your day open, send me E-mail if you are interested, I live in south of the city town of Lafayette, every body is welcome.