Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
muskiemaguc

Mountain Lion Siting in Massena NY

muskiemaguc
14 years ago

I was enformed by a relieble source that he had seen a mountain lion in Massena N.Y. on Feb.25, 2010 at 7:00am in the morning within an hour I was in the woods with a bottle of water and 2 quarts of dry plaster and a video camera. I was given very spicific instructions to the location of the sighting, we had a foot of wet packy snow and the tracks were not hard to find. I started to back track from where I found the tracks to determine where the cat had come from. What surprised me was when I came to a spot where two cats had been walking together, but had gone in two different directions. I had been following a large set the new ones were large but a little smaller so Idecided to follow them. I came to an area where these same track made a small circle and I noticed the cat had urinated and the urine was blood stained (menstrual) by now these tracks were about 2 hours old an the blood/urine had started to dispurse into the snow to about 2ins. in diameter and to a depth of 2ins. I followed the tracks for a 1/4 mile and they joined up with the other set of larger tracks. After following them about an Hr. I came to a spot where they had bedded down.Up to this time the tracks were meandering back and forth. But when I came upon the tracks that were leaving the bed they were in a straight line and the tracks indicated very hurried exit,I feel I had spooked them. I followed them for a while and came upon a bloody urine spot but this time the urine had not soaked into the snow I knew I was close. Then I came to a barbed wire fence where the tracks went under I found a large patch of hair, the hair was not course but very fine, and almost golden to light brown in color. Moving along and following the tracks I heard a noise that sounded like something running through the brush. I decided to follow the larger of the two sets of prints. When I came to the spot were I heard the noise the animal had leaped the distance of about 8 to 9 feet and bolted from the area. I gave up the pursuit. I plaster cast and took photos of the foot prints. Collected the hair and the bloody urine which I have in my freezer. I dont know where to take the hair and urine to have it analyzed If anyone knows were to take it please let me know, I feel I have the proof that there are mountain lions in NEW YORK STATE.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert