Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tastefullyjulie

WNY wintersowers, bring your babies in tonight!

tastefullyjulie
18 years ago

75 MPH winds tonight until 4pm tomorrow. I just brought all my containers into the back sunroom.

Comments (8)

• magicman2u
    18 years ago

Wow thanks for the update ....i am going to get them now!!!

• penny1947
    18 years ago

Mine are snuggled up against the house and on the porch

Penny

• faltered
    18 years ago

I left mine outside- forgot to bring them in! Luckily, they were all fine this morning when I checked on them. I tie mine together in groups to add additional weight so they don't blow away. It seems to have worked.

Tracy

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

so were mine but I still brought them in :) Sounds like the house is coming down!

• lblack61
    18 years ago

Well, it's getting pretty gusty out there...tractor trailer blown over on Rt 481, and my metal bottomed mail box and a jungle-jim that was in the dirt are both down.
    But my WS babies are all in their places (probably frozen to the porch, fortunately! :-)
    I'm just thanking God that I have power right now...don't know if that'll stick or not. Can't wait for this to "blow" over.

• mountain_curmudgeon
    18 years ago

Not in the western part of the state, but ~huge~ winds here in the 'dacks knocked our power out. We're fortunate that it only stayed off for about 7 hours with temps going down to -10F. Earlier in the day, they were warning power might be out 2 or 3 days.

• penny1947
    18 years ago

We lost power just after my last post and the wind hadn't even gotten bad yet. It was out most of the morning yesterday. We had wind gusts here up to 40 mpg but b/c of the tall shrubs that go down the side of our property line we have a wind break so I was very surprised that everything is still where it was before the weahter got bad. I did drive through what my DH said were several small snow squalls. One minute you couldn't see across the road and the next minute nada....no snow, no wind, no rain. Then a few minutes later it started again. I had to get out of the house as I was going stir crazy because I couldn't do anything without power and it was still somewhat dark which made it even worse, so I went to WalMart. I knew they would have power.

Penny

• bonnie_ny
    18 years ago

My containers seem to all still be in place but a wooden trellis that I had a beautiful clematis growing on was blown apart. I'm hoping come spring I can put up another trellis and rescue the plant.

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm