Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Henrietta, NY - What to do while we are there...

Posted by adina72 z5 CNY (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 14, 08 at 9:01

DH and I will be going to The Rochester Flower show tomorrow. We don't get to Rochester very often and would like to make the most of our time while we are there for the day. We are usually only at the show for 2-3 hours and then the rest of the day we like to shop in town. Is there any place we should definately go to while we are there? We like gardening, woodworking, antiques, and flea markets. we also like to look for unique places to get good food. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Henrietta, NY - What to do while we are there...

• Posted by klavier z4 Bing, z5 Pou (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 14, 08 at 11:28

When and where is this?
I am not in Rochester often but for the second time in my life I will be there tomorrow. What an opportunity.

o

You really should go...it's a fantastic show.

All the info can be found on their webiste.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rochester Flower Show Website

o

I used to live near Rochester, and went to school in Geneseo (south of Rochester). I don't know much about shopping/eating in town there any more. But, if you're down south of the city, Tom Wahl's in Avon has been making incredible burgers, and homemade ice cream and root beer, since 1955. They also have new locations around Rochester since I lived there (see www.tomwahls.com). And if you get a chance to see Letchworth State Park (near Mt. Morris/Nunda), it's lovely. I'm sure others there can point you to great places closer in to the city for food/shopping.

Laurel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here