Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any signs of spring?

Posted by booberry85 z5NY (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 9:06

This winter has been depressing. It's been too long and too cold. So I want to know if and what signs of spring you seen.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any signs of spring?

I have been hearing the Canada geese quite a bit and also my spring bulbs are poking through the ground. A lot of birds chirping at dawn too.

o

VERY long, cold, and DEPRESSING winter!

Ordinarily I won't see my first robin until the 3rd or 4th week in March, when there are decent-sized patches of ground exposed -- and then I will only see one or two robins occasionally until the weather really warms. What's really weird this year is that I have been seeing large *flocks* of robins since the 3rd week in February!!! I have no idea how they're surviving! The snow is deep, the temps are ridiculously cold, there are no bare-ground spots *anywhere*!

It's now March 19 and so miserable out that I haven't even bothered to think about starting seed. It feels like spring is still months away!

o

I've been sneezing! LOL! Might not seem like a sign of spring, but it means my allergies are kicking in. I'm allergic to pollens and molds. I think its because of tree pollen.

o

Its snowing now, About 2 inches today. I saw the grackle at my bird feeder the other day, My bees are trying to get out of the hives to get to work. I haven’t seen any bluebirds yet at the nest boxes. Once I see them its spring.

o

Its snowing now, About 2 inches today. I saw the grackle at my bird feeder the other day, My bees are trying to get out of the hives to get to work. I haven’t seen any bluebirds yet at the nest boxes. Once I see them its spring.

o

What is "Spring"? :(

o

The Canadian geese are all clustering in the one patch on the lake that isn't frozen over. Guess they should have waited a week before returning.

o

I heard on TV yesterday that our high temp (22F) was 5 degrees below our normal low temp (27F).

It's the winter that will never end! I'm predicting that the snow will stop by July. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here