Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Barely spring

Posted by party_music50 z5a NY (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 10:42

It hasn't rained here yet, but the snow is melting! I have some snowdrops blooming and some winter crocus bloomed yesterday because the sun was shining. I haven't seen a robin yet though so it barely feels like spring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Barely spring

It's snowing here today! I have seeds in containers in y big sunny window, in the hopes that spring comes someday! I am near Gore Mountain in the Adirondacks!

o

I'm near Utica. WE also have snow this morning. My snowdrops and winter aconite were blooming yesterday. I also have a nice crop of spinach in the cold frame. We should hit the 50's on Thursday.

o

It was finally warm and dry enough (61F.) yesterday to do some yard clean up before the rain started later on. I managed to pull out the early emerging weeds, pull out the last of the dead annual salvias mulch and feed one of my honeysuckles and pull out and break down one of those old $10.00 arbors that has been hanging in there for about 5 yrs so that I can get the area ready for a new wooden arbor that I am making for a new Honeysuckle. My Red buckeye is budding up and I have just a few johnny jump-ups blooming. My bleeding heart has also started to peak through the soil.

Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here