Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3 or 5 gallon plastic nursery pots needed

Posted by juliany 5/6 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 10, 09 at 12:47

I'm trying to track down some used or new 3 or 5 gallon plastic nursery pots to hold some daylily plants I'm getting in the spring temporarily.

Anyone know of a good source I can contact?
I live out by Seneca Lake area.

Thanks
Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3 or 5 gallon plastic nursery pots needed

I've had good luck with 40# cat litter pails (larger ones) received by posting on Freecycle here in Buffalo. However, check with friends who have cats...I tried plastic spray painting over the side photos, but it only lasts 1/2 season...so not worth the expense/effort.

Grocery stores w/bakeries, ask them to save you frosting, etc. pails. Pick them up promptly if you want more--they have limited storage/patience too, when they pile up.
Ginny B.

o

Ginny B.
Thanks for the suggestion. No cat owners around that keep their cats indoors.
I'll ask about the bakery pails.

Julia

o

If you have trouble finding enough of them for free, I purchase all my pots from Novosel. Good prices, fast service and a good product.

Here is a link that might be useful: Novosel Enterprises

o

Thank you adina72. Good reference.

I found a local source who has new pots for sale. I'm not giving up my search for used ones but for now, I think these will do.

Thanks again for the info.

Julia

o

I'd recommend changing your thinking from monster, big pots, to merely normally big pots. Daylilies will do fine in 2 gals, you'll just need more of them. They'll do fine in 1 gals, but you'll need more more. The difference is that normal plants come in the 1 and 2 gallons, so people like me accumulate a stash of them, and normal people leave them at recycling. Three and 5 gallons are tree pots, basically, and unless you can find a landscaper who is willing to part, are going to be hard to find for free. I have two in my stash, and you can't have them.

o

mad_gallica:
LOL, you keep your pots. I'm sure they are your treasure.

Julia

o

Hi Julia,
I live in Corning & have ALL you want of them, but I don't drive, so you would have to pick them up, I'm about 35min from you, I'm VERY big into Daylilies, so I would be happy to help;)Anita

o

Thanks Anita.
I sent you an email.

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here