Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cats39

Thought's on CNY Blooms?

cats39
17 years ago

Hi All!

Living just outside of Syracuse made it easy enough form me to attend the first CNY Blooms Flower and Garden Show. IÂve got to be candid in saying this was also my first Flower Show as I hadnÂt really taken Flower Gardening that serious up until a few years. So I never had the need to attend other than the March Home and Garden Show at the Fairgrounds. Unfortunately I stopped going to that one after my first because of all of the commercial vendors.

So IÂd like to ask for those who might have attended what they personally thought of the CNY Blooms Show? I found it rather refreshing. It was neat and clean and informative. There were a number of nice displays and found everyone to be very helpful in a "WeÂre glad you came!" sort of way.

My wife, daughter and I had the opportunity to listen to Rebecca Kolls and wished she had more time to give as the allotted time they gave her ran by rather quickly. I also had a moment to talk to Terry Ettinger who Hosts our local "WeederÂs Digest" radio and "Garden JourneyÂs" TV Shows. He as well as others are hoping it will continue to grow. So will wait and see what next year brings.

I donÂt have the best of photos as there was a pretty good crowd on Sat and it was difficult to get any full view shots. But IÂve pasted a few images below. The Show at least helps one to think of Spring if you didnÂt have to look outside.

Spring how far can it be? ( I know they hang out) and I did have a pair of Robins for the first time since Jan in the backyard on Fri and yesterday morning before the "big blow of zero and below came back" I saw a solitary Turkey Vulture which I thought was rather unusual for this time of year considering the cold temps.

So as a novice Gardner and Show goÂer what did you think of CNY BLooms?

Regards Jim

My wife and daughter

Comments (2)