Wed, Mar 22, 06 at 17:26

Hi All!

On Mon 3/20 I posted:

OT: But an interesting Bald Eagle sighting

In turn I reported that sighting to Journey North and they responded with:

"Hello Jim,

What an extraordinary eagle encounter! Thank you so much for reporting it!"

So I guess it was somewhat unusual.

I also mentioned about the bird flu being of concern and the responder thought I would be interested in what I've added below. I'm sure if you have the same concern you'll find it interesting too and that's why I'm sharing it with you, if you haven't already read!

Upon my reading I found it almost calming, if even just a little bit considering the danger the flu has to our bird population. It was posted on March 20th. I'd be interested in knowing how you felt after reading the message and what Tom Stehn's statements say?????

You may have to copy and paste.

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/crane/BirdFlu_06.html

Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT But worth noting to the UpState Bird Lover

Boy, Jim, must have been a wonderful bird to see! Here is your site in click on form. Thanks
Paul F B

Here is a link that might be useful: Bird Flu

o
RE: OT But worth noting to the UpState Bird Lover

Hi Jim,
I just read your post so haven't read the bird flu article yet. Last summer I had a bald eagle nesting fairly close to hour house. It was really awsome to watch. Journey North is a great site. I report all my spring sitings over there. You might also want to relate your encounter to Feathered Friends.
Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here