Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matt_v

Spring Teaser

matt_v
18 years ago

Greetings! I was hoping to get some inspiration for this season, and Spring seems so far away. However, I think I found the cure..? I updated my website and added my 2005 achievements, as well as a 2005 Blooms section. Some folks might not have visited before, or forgot abouit my page. So, just in case:

goto www.fickity.net

click ENTER

page down and select YARD AND GARDEN

page down and hit 2005. Or, begin with 2000 if its your first time?

My page documents how I transformed an old goldenrod field into a haven for Birds and wildlife. Lots of landscaping and growing!! Also, MANY Bird photos!!

Enjoy!! I hope this serves to psyche you up for spring...

Comments (9)

• penny1947
    18 years ago

Matt,
    your flowers are beautiful but I have to admit that the first place I visited on your site was the link page for your hummingbird photos. I enjoy all the birds and critters that visit us but hummingbirds are my passion ... correction, my obsession, so nearly everything i plant is primarily grown for them from native to tropical. I just received 2 Dwarf Red Buckeyes in the mail yesterday that I had ordered last week so I now have them potted up on my porch awaiting the early spring thaw so that they can be planted out. by mid summer I have 6 feeders out in additon to filling every pot and every garden spot with flowering plants, most of which I wintersow each year.

Penny

• matt_v
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Greetings! Penny, I see you tipped some folks to my website regarding Hummingbird images...THANKS!! I love to get new visits, and since I'm not selling anything, I love to have my site mentioned!! I notice members on your Network 54 use a small thumbnail image when they post? If you want, I can make you one to use from my pics. Anna's? Ruby? You pick it and let me know, I'll send it your way...THANKS!!

my e-mail fickity AT netscape DOT net

• faltered
    18 years ago

Matt: Thank you for the photo tour. I really enjoyed seeing how your garden has progressed. You have so much space there- I am jealous!

I really loved your zinnia garden and would love to see a photo of the torch tithonia when it got 6 feet tall! I will be growing this from seed this year for my front bed and hope it'll be a show stopper.

Your veggies looked delicious, too.

Tracy

• remy_gw
    18 years ago

Hi Matt,
    I enjoyed looking at your flower photos and bird photos too!
    Remy

• gottagarden
    18 years ago

Very nice!! I loved your zinnia bed also. And the pond at sunset looked so peaceful.

How did you get that aerial shot? Did you hire someone or know someone? It was a great perspective.

PS - Here's the link to his site

Here is a link that might be useful: matts place

• matt_v
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Greetings! Alas, I never got decent images of the Tithonia in bloom. However, I can send you a shot. It is from the other end of the garden, and has quite a different perspective... Just send me a private message.

We hired a helicopter for that shot. It is described under 2003. More shots are there too... THANKS EVERYONE!!!

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Hi Matt,
    Just wanted to let you know, I took your tour this morning, I almost lost track of time & almost lost an item I was watching on eBay, but I managed to do both:0) I was so happy to read you got some of the land you thought you may have lost:) I can relate, I have 10 behind me, that was for sale but now she wants to keep it, I don't care what it cost if it ever comes up for sale again it will be ours. Very nice home you have made.

• magicman2u
    18 years ago

Matt and Cynthia Thank you for sharing your site with us. I have spent the last 2 hrs going through it and as a fellow NY gardener and Bird lover you are my new Idol in the Garden and Bird world! I too am a big fan of photography ....mostly of flowers for the birds won't stay still for me to get a shot! I would like to purchase a good camera but I know it can get quite expensive. Well what I really wanna say is Great Job with everything you have Created and Captured you should be proud of yourselves!...Wayne

• mulchy
    18 years ago

Great photos, I really enjoyed them!!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor