Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikes_only_girl

western ny plant swap? please!

mikes_only_girl
17 years ago

hello new to zone 5 gardening and to gardenweb... saw third annual plant exchange... will there be a fourth?? if so, yay!

Comments (12)

• penny1947
    17 years ago

Welcome Aboard Mikes only girl to the wonderful wacky world of gardening in the colder zones and to garden web. Nothing has been set in stone yet about a wny swap for this year but I and I am sure everyone else is planning on it. We make a full day of it...swapping plants, cuttings, seeds, plant divisions and even gardening magazines and topping it off with a pot luck luncheon. We also have an optional chinese auction for those that want to be involved in that. Some specialize in bog type plants, others have tropicals, some do shrubs and ornamental grasses and some do hummingbird plants. We have a great turnout and there is always plenty of plants to go around. I have seeds sown now with high hopes of having lots to share this year.

penny

• gottagarden
    17 years ago

Watch this space . . . it's a bit early yet, but planning will probably start in late April. I always have lots of plants that I need to find homes for.

• garden_frog
    17 years ago

OK, I'll post about this years swap on the exchange page in a few minutes.

Tara

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Yea! You know spring is here despite the cold rain. Tara has posted : )
    Remy

• garden_frog
    17 years ago

That gave me a good chuckle Remy! Glad you'll be able to attend again!

• gottagarden
    17 years ago

I'll be there!

Here's the link to the exchange announcement.

Thanks Tara!

Here is a link that might be useful: Exhange posting

• husky004_
    17 years ago

I'll be there too hopefully with my co-pilot Penny, im sure we'll discover a new route again this year lol.

• gottagarden
    16 years ago

Thought I would bump this - swap is only a few weeks away now.

• penny1947
    16 years ago

I am planning on being there too Tara! I have been so busy around here I plum forgot to check the info. Thanks GG for posting the link.

Penny

• magicman2u
    16 years ago

Just wondering if the invitations went out yet....hoping you didn't miss me. Whats the date on the swap??

mail me...with info please...magicman2u@yahoo.com

• penny1947
    16 years ago

Wayne the info on the swap is on the exchange page. Here is the link: WNY Plant Swap Info
    It is scheduled for June 3rd. You can email Tara for directions etc. She is in the middle of packing and getting ready to move as they have sold their home and will be moving the end of June so it will be easier for you to contact her.

Penny

• magicman2u
    16 years ago

Dear Tara ...and anyone attending this years Garden Swap. Another year with hopes of attending the Garden swap and another year my plans got screwed! Unfortunatly in my line of work...I am on call and can't predict what I am doing from one week to the next. Its my job but ...what can you do. So needless to say I am gonna miss meeting you all again. This year I will make sure I stop by and drop off the plants I plan to bring to Penny. It doesn't matter to me if I get any in return ....I just want to do my part and share....Well what I really want is to be there...But that ain't gonna happen...Sorry Tara, Sorry Penny , Sorry everyone!