Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Syracuse area/Daffs & tulips blming yet?

Posted by phylrae z5a/centralNYS (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 07 at 3:09

Just wondered if anyone in this area has had daffodils or tulips blooming yet (LOL)
I just wondered, even though NOW IT'S SNOWING AGAIN! because my sister-in-law lives in the same zone in Ohio, and she told me tonight that she has ALREADY CUT most of her daffodils. Sounds too early for me....my daffodils didn't begin to bloom til the beginning of May last year. I realize that there are some very early bloomers, but this sounds crazy. Just curious! :0) Phyl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Syracuse area/Daffs & tulips blming yet?

I'm about 1 1/2 hrs east of Syracuse. We have snow too.:(

Nothing blooming here yet.... and it's been too cold and windy the last several days to do anything outside!

o

Thanks, Keeperofthememories! (BTW, neat sounding name!) I'm a little bummed with this weather, as we finally have a week off from school (I work in a school district), and it's not at all conducive to gardening! :0) Phyl

o

You might be in the same zone BUT chances are she doesn't have to deal with the lake effect weather you get so she might just be ahead of you with her blooming flowers.

o

I'm only just able to see the daffies heads. Half of them got knocked down and killed with the snow last week. I only got to see my crocus' open TWICE before the snow did them in too! My very early tulips are starting to show heads too, but no blooms. Hopefully this warm weekend will give me garden some color!

o

I am in the Buffalo Niagara region but as of today no sign of my tulips blooming. Daffs have been blooming. I don't think my tulips are going to do anything this year. They usually bloom by Easter.

Penny

o

An update to my previous post:
As of today, I have not seen one tulip blooming in the areas I have traveled in, around and through in the past month ... between Buffalo and Niagara Falls. I see lots of tulip leaves and I know that my own are just that...leaves, and not the first sign of a bud.

Penny

o

In binghamton, my Daffs started Saturday and by evening were in full show. My early tulips started Monday evening. My bulbs and buds did not seem to take a big hit with the wacky weather, thank goodness.

o

My species tulips have been blooming for about a week.

o

Well my tulips just rotted this year. I have one that is up but still not open. The rest are gonners.

penny

o

My tulips have been blooming for over 5 days now. My cherry tree is blooming now too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here