Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Get your hummer feeders out of storage

Posted by penny1947 z6 WNY (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 4, 10 at 6:50

The first report has been posted for downstate NY. Not sure of the exact location but there are several reports for PA, CT, NJ and now NY. The last few days of warm winds from the south have helped them move northward a little soner.

Penny

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring Hummer Migration Map

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Get your hummer feeders out of storage

Thanks Penny,

I was wondering when I should put my feeders out. I was thinking end of April, but I guess it should be sooner?

Melissa

o

Melissa,
I put up a couple of feeders on Sunday. There is a confirmed report in Chautauqua County which is about 95 miles from me give or take a few miles. The ealiest I have hung a feeder in the past was April 15th. and the earliest I have had a hummer was April 27th. of that same year.
Penny

o

There is now a confirmed report for my area...Southern Niagara County/Northern Erie County somewhere between west Amherst, North Tonawanda, Wheatfield and Cambria. I am going nuts wondering if he is here in NT.

Penny

o

I put up 3 of my feeders early this morning. I hope to pick up 3 more next month to get up.

Melissa1977

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here