Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gottagarden

Want to trade peonies?

gottagarden
14 years ago

It's that time of year to dig up and transplant peonies before they leaf out. I know there is a separate exchange forum, but so few people check there.

I have very large clumps of peonies:

Karl Rosenfeld (red)

Sarah Bernhardt (pink)

Festiva Maxima (white with a splotch of red)

Dancing Butterflies (pink single)

Barrington Belle (red with gold centers)

I also have several others that are not big enough for trade yet.

If you have a named peony and would like to swap, please let me know! Thanks

{{gwi:652378}}

Comments (10)

• Carol_from_ny
    14 years ago

Lovely peonies, what a wonderful smile they must bring to all who see them in bloom like that.

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Oh the front of your house looks so pretty with them blooming(and so different from later in the year! Though later looks good too! lol.) You definitely need to save me some Dancing Butterflies and Barrington Belle. I don't have any peonies to dig this year, Well I could do Sarah, but you have her too. Did you get some of my Bowl of Beauty when I separated it a couple years ago? I know Mary got one at the swap. Anyway, you know I'll have some goodies for you : )
    Remy

• gottagarden
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sure Remy! You have given me so many beautiful plants through the years, happy to repay the favor. I did not get any of your Bowl of Beauty peonies, but I did buy one mail order, so we'll see how that's going this spring. Can't wait!

• awalkinthegarden
    14 years ago

Gottagarden,
    You have beautiful peonies! I would love to take some of the reds (with gold center). The only one I can offer you that you don't already have is fern peonies, which is so georgeous. I have a few small pieces I can trade you. Please let me know.
    (Wish I know how to upload pictures of my fern peonies so you can see)

• gottagarden
    Original Author
    14 years ago

awalkinthegarden - I LOVE fernleaf peonies and would be very happy to trade. I have sent you a separate email, look forward to hearing from you. thanks!

• awalkinthegarden
    14 years ago

Gottagarden,
    I will look for your email. We can arrange something. Wish I know how to upload pictures from 2008 blooms. They were so beautiful.

• shropshire_lad
    14 years ago

Hi gottagarden! I have nothing to trade you, but your peonies are breathtaking! How I wish I could convince my mom to let me make some nice big beds that I could fill with peonies and all the other plants I love!
    JJ

• penny1947
    14 years ago

GG
    That is definitely breathtaking!

Penny

• fleethart
    14 years ago

Hello All,
    I have several clumps of double white peonies I would like to trade for reds or pinks. Not sure what they are, they are old though. Anyone interested? GG, your peonies are lovely. I put Karl Rosenfield and Sarah together along my fence this spring much like you have. Can't wait till they look as pretty as yours!
    Cheers,
    Tauna
    ~Fleethart~

• gottagarden
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Tauna,
    I've sent you an email. Hope to see you at Tara's for the plant swap.

FYI - If anyone wants to trade peonies at Tara's, it's best to dig them now before they have leafed out. Once they've leafed out, they do not take kindly to being pulled out of the ground.

A big thanks to awalkinthegarden, as we managed to do a peony swap last weekend. I'm so excited to have a fernleaf peony now!

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm