Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foxladye

Cougars in Busti, NY?

foxladye
17 years ago

Here is the latest internet hoax creating hysteria in Busti, NY which is near Jamestown. The photos attached to the e-mail used were taken out in Wyoming in 2000 or 2001 and have been used in Michigan, Iowa, and throughout New York along with wording such as is used below... I have attached the Snopes link that describes the pictures, as well as the hoax

'These pictures where taken of a Puma/Mountain Lion on Hoag Rd. Feb. 17th 2007 outside of Busti, NY . This is in our area! I have heard many people talking about spotting mountain lions and puma's running around in the area, but the New York State Game Warden keeps denying it. T hey keep re-enforcing that it's rumors and that they have not released these types of animals into our area to control the population of the coyotes. Well here is the proof!

I know I saw something that looked like a puma, which I believe can also look from a distance like a cougar/mountain lion about a year ago running across Hunt Rd . I had to do a double take, just the way it moved I knew it wasn't a dog nor a fox! It's obvious the women who took these pictures did not frighten off the wild cat with the flash from the camera as well as her presence. I'm just wondering; did these people who released these big cats into our area ever stop to think about the possibility of the cat's not going after the coyote population and maybe going after domestic animals and possibly small Children, hey why not even a person jogging thru the woods or on a country road.

As described from the photo's , the wild cat was on this woman's deck on Hoag Rd. interested in her two domestic cats that just happen to be sitting on the inside of that very thin glass door. It's obvious the large cat is not scared of the human or domestic presence! That really worries me! I know there is something in our woods behind Sunset Dr, in the area of Baker St, Shadyside Rd, and Hunt Rd. in Busti/Lakewood, NY. A few years back my parent's boxer (dog) was attacked by something that left a nice laceration on her back and back leg area, causing her to get stitches. Well I know I don't feel too safe walking around outside at night!'

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/patiomountainlion.asp

Here is a link that might be useful: Snopes; Cougar on Deck

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville