Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant sale/swap in Batavia

Posted by evans50 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 8, 09 at 9:10

I am thinking about having a small plant sale in May to sell some of my extra plants. I am a seed starter, so instead of one new plant I have a whole flat. Most are this year's seeds, but I also have to divide some of last years as well. I have perennials, herbs, heirloom tomatoes, raspberries ect. I was thinking of May 16th after the plant sale at the Cornell Cooperative Extension. If people were interested, this could be shaped into a swap, or a plant flea market. You can bring in plants to sell at your own table, or trade with others. I live on a busy street in Batavia with lots of good car traffic so I always do great at yard sales. Let me know what you what you think.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant sale/swap in Batavia

I 'd be interested in trading.Let me kn ow for sure the date.
Gene

o

I'd be interested in a swap, or a sale. I've got tons of everything! And usually the CCE plants are pretty common. Let me know if there is anything in particular you are looking for, or particular colors that you like.

o

I just potted up some runners from my red fox speedwell (Veronica spicata 'rotfuchs') a nice border plant. Here are some of the winter sown seeds I have going now:
Carey Comans Bronze (a small ornamentat grass)
Foxglove (dwarf Foxy)
Heuchera Purple Palace
Lavender Munstead
Delphinium-Blue purple white mix
Bell flower-Blue
Blue Sage (Salvia Farinacea)

Here are some 2008 winter sown I have in the garden to divide
Lavender Hyssop
Blanket Flower
Miscanthus Sinensis (tall grass)
Acroclinium Roseum Goliath (paper daisy)
Cerise Queen (Cherry Yarrow)
Coreopsis Tinctoria Mahogany Midget
Dianthus Arctic Fire

I also have everberring raspberries, Herbs, cone floweres (white and purple) Coreopsis, Shasta daisy, tomatoes, hot hot peppers (Savannah red).

I am always looking for trades, any color, any light requirements, any size.

o

If all goes well I'll have 30-40 Big boy tomatoes ready.I'd love to get some of those Savannah red seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here