Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_frog

2011 8th Annual WNY Plant Swap - Invites Coming!!

garden_frog
13 years ago

Invites for the 8th Annual WNY plant swap will be going out today. I'll be sending them to those that have attended or expressed interest in the past. If you are interested but do not receive an invite by the end of the day today, please email me so I can include you. Anyone is welcome!

Invites will go out using myPunchbowl again. I've also got an event page on Facebook (for those that are on my friends list). Details are included in both of the above. You can RSVP using either of the above sites or by emailing me.

The swap will be held on Sunday, June 5th at 11am. As I mentioned above, more details can be found in the invitation.

There is a wants/needs list posted here:

Swap Wants/Needs Post

If you'd like further information, please feel free to post here or shoot me an email!

Comments (28)

• lindalou
    13 years ago

i sent you an email. ;)

• igotaoldhome
    13 years ago

Me too. Where is this actually taking place? Is it near Buffalo?

• rosalinda_gw
    13 years ago

This was one message I was happy to see!!!!!

-Rosalinda

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hmmm, for some reason, LindaLou and igotaoldhome neither of your emails came through. LindaLou, I emailed you by clicking on your name, if you didn't get it, post here and let me know.

igotaoldhome, it doesn't give me the option to email you, so I'm not sure how best to reach you. To answer your question, the swap is located between Buffalo and Rochester up near lake Ontario. Maybe, try and email me again, and I'll check back here if I don't hear from you in the near future.

• penny1947
    13 years ago

Tara, I have Lindalou' email so if you need it let me know

Penny

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for sending it Penny! LindaLou, you should have an invite waiting for you.

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

I'll be there! I've got lots of peonies this year, and lots of other things as well.

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Hi! I posted on the other thread and was wondering if I could get some info sent to me about the swap.

Thanks so much! and sending email :)

vina

• penny1947
    12 years ago

Vina
    I emailed Garden Frog to let her know you are interested in info about the swap

Penny

• remy_gw
    12 years ago

I'm looking forward to this as usual!
    Remy

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

woohoo! all rsvp'd. THANKS!
    vina

• sunflowerkid
    12 years ago

Just checking to see if I still had a page! I'll be there! Now if we can only get the never-ending rain to go away!

• penny1947
    12 years ago

Maybe we should switch from a plant swap to a swimming party or a boating regatta

Penny

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

I guess I should go out back to my swamp for appropriate plants to trade - swamp mallow, etc.

• rbirch
    12 years ago

Hi all, long time no post! Tara I am looking so forward to the swap. I've been busy working on the house (flood damage), so havent posted in forever. With this weather lately I think I'll bring water lillies and bog plants for everyones backyard. But seriously I am looking for huge and tall plants tropical things, big annuals if anyone can hook me up please let me know. I have grasses galore to bring and some shrubbery:

blue muffin viburnum
    clethra
    itea little henry
    fiesta forsythia
    and others.
    I cant wait to see everybody.

Glen

• rosalinda_gw
    12 years ago

Hey Glen,
    Nice to see you here! If you could bring me another one of those Tiger Eye Sumacs I would appreciate it. The one you brought last year did not make it.

Thanks,
    Rosalinda

• rbirch
    12 years ago

Hey rosalinda, I have tiger eyes sumac so its no problem. do you have any bamboo still?

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

Hey Glen, the tiger eye I got from you is doing well. Deer or rabbits ate it to the snow line, but it is bouncing back quite well.

huge and tall, hmmmm, probably already have these but how about
    rudbeckia hortensia (outhouse plant)
    Maximilian's Sunflower (Helianthus maximilianii)

Would love a blue muffin viburnum! Was eying them in the bluestone catalog.

See you soon! Sorry to hear about the flooding :-(
    Brenda
    new york ironweed (vernonia)

• penny1947
    12 years ago

Glen I am interested in your Clethra. I will have to see what if any tropicals I will have.

Penny

• rbirch
    12 years ago

penny, its yours. glen

• husky004_
    12 years ago

Glen-I should have some brugs for you and I'll see what else I can gather up. Kathy

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Hi Glen! I would love some Itea: Little Henry.

I have some Coneflower Ruby Giant. They get very tall and have huge flowers. I can look around and see if I have anything else that's huge :0) if you already have these.

So sorry to hear about your flooding...we've had some too.

Can't wait to meet everyone!
    vina

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ugh, flooding Glen? That stinks. We were there last year although at least ours was minor. Hope it wasn't too bad.

1 week away! I hope you all will forgive the massive weeds in my gardens! On the positive side, I've been potting things up left and right. I'll get at least a partial list out in the next few days

• rosalinda_gw
    12 years ago

Glen I will bring you some bamboo

-Rosalinda

• rbirch
    12 years ago

O.k. brenda I have three blue muffins over two feet tall, they are yours if you want. They leaf out beautifully each year but I get leaf beetle on them and I hate using pesticides. I hope you have better luck with them. Flowergirl34 Little henry all yours, I just needed more real estate in the garden. I am interested in the ruby giant sounds cool. Brenda I'll try the r. horternsia. I will take orders for grasses but I dont think I will bring as much as I have in years past unless anyone wants some. Cant wait! Glen

• penny1947
    12 years ago

Glen,
    Thank you! I have some Canna patens if you are interested . It is a small species Canna from Mexico which only grow about 2 to 2 1/2 ft. tall In perfect conditions about 3 ft. but quite bushy It has beutiful yellow and red bi-colored blooms. I grew mine from last years seeds so they are still rather small but will grow fast once we get some warm weather. I added a link below so you can see what it looks like.

Penny

Here is a link that might be useful: Canna Patens pictures

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Hi! I am so sorry to have to post this, but I will be unable to attend on Sunday. I just picked my daughter up from school about an hour ago. She's vomiting and has the stomach bug (its been going around at school and I've been holding my breath till she got it) OF COURSE! She gets it the weekend we have plans.

When I got the call I was actually outside setting up my pots with dirt for transplants. I am so sorry and very upset that I won't be making it :(

I have some side trades that I was doing on Sunday as well. I'll email everyone and if you still want to do the trades I can mail them. And if you don't want to do them, that's okay too.

I so so so apologize for this and just feel awful! Taylor feels worse, poor kid!

I hope everyone has a great time on Sunday...and pray for me that I don't have the bug by then :(

vina

• penny1947
    12 years ago

Vina
    Most important is that your daughter gets better. We will miss you but stay in touch.

Penny