Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_frog

Botanical Garden Photos

garden_frog
16 years ago

Hi all,

I visited the botanical gardens Easter weekend and thought I would share my photos with you all to enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Botanical Garden Photos

Comments (5)

• penny1947
    16 years ago

OH WHAT a beautiful breath of spring that must have been! I am beginning to think that my tulips will not bloom this year. the leaves are out but that is it no sign of any flowers emerging. Only two of the daffs blooms and they are dragging the ground.

Now I did get a nice surprise bloom on one of my hummer plants for the first time yesterday but I won't hijack your thread. I will post it seperately.

Penny

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My daffs are looking sad too. I've actually got a few early tulips flowering now but they are in protected areas. Some of my hyacinth's tried to flower too, but that cold stunted them I think. Hopefully everything will recover ok with the warmer weather we have coming.

The BG was a great breath of spring for me. I've been going through gardening withdrawl this spring as I am trying to resist growing or buying anything new until the move is over. I'll have my hands full enough trying to move all the plants in the ground that I'm intending to move. Man, hopefully we can get early occupancy once we find somthing so I can get my babies settled before the boxes arrive! :) So anyhow, the BG was a much needed sneak at the spring's show of flowers! :)

What hummer plant do you have blooming already?? They can't be here yet, are they?

• penny1947
    16 years ago

Well I actually have several of my hummer plants blooming right now...one lantana, 2 salvias one of my fuchsias, one and one flowering maple but the big surprise whas Calliandra which is like a miniature mimosa. I posted a picture of it on the main forum page. They are all inside of course but I am ready as soon as they return. No reports yet in NY but there is one official report in Hamilton Ont. There haave already been several reports as far north as Mich, and Wisc. So they should be here by the end of the month at least for some of us. They were moring north at a pretty good clip this year but then we got hit with the storm and lovw pressure which held them back but now we are getting high pressure and the breeze up from the gulf so they will be able to head north again. I have 3 feeders up so even if one comes by here on its way further north he will find some food.

Penny

• gottagarden
    16 years ago

What great flowers! Pretty soon they'll be in our yards instead of just indoors.

I'm loving the weather this weekend.

• kareen
    16 years ago

Thanks Garden Frog,
    It is just so good to see color when I am sooooo desperate for it in our garden. We stopped by the Royal Botanic Garden for the flower and garden show and it was great too.....flowers , sunshine and running water from the pond displays. We also visited the Frederik Meijer gardens in Michigan and were fortunate enough to be in time for the butterfly display which was also great. Kareen

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm