Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_frog

2012 Western NY Plant Swap (9th Annual) Invites are out!

garden_frog
12 years ago

I just sent invites to the 9th Annual Western NY Plant swap this morning.

Looking forward to a great time as usual! If you have not attended, it's always a great time, and a great opportunity to meet other gardeners in the area! The swap is held in Hamlin, NY (midway between Buffalo and Rochester) and is open to anyone who would like to attend. We have a plant swap, pot luck, and a Yankee gift exchange (optional).

If you are interested in attending but did not receive an invite, or if you would like more information, let me know!

Comments (20)

• husky004_
    12 years ago

I already RSVP'd, can't wait and thanks again for hosting it Tara!

• penny1947
    12 years ago

I RSVP'd too!

• lindalou
    12 years ago

me, too...can't wait!!!! ;)

• remy_gw
    12 years ago

Looking forward to it as usual :)
    Remy

• gottagarden
    11 years ago

Starting to pot things up now! I've got peonies, crambe cordifolia, and lilies so far.

• rosalinda_gw
    11 years ago

Brenda, add Crambe to my list if possible :o)

-Rosalinda

• penny1947
    11 years ago

Brenda
    If your peonies aren't spoken for I would be interested.

• gottagarden
    11 years ago

I'll bring several of each. I've got tons of plants, the problem is finding time to pot them up :-)

• rosalinda_gw
    11 years ago

And if it ever stops raining here maybe I will get a chance to get something ready for the swap - sigh......

-Rosalinda

• penny1947
    11 years ago

I haven't potted up much but I do have a couple of weigela 'Red Prince cuttings rooted potted and starting to develop flower buds so they may still be blooming by the swap.

I also have quite a few starts of Phlox paniculata (Tall garden Phlox)

I should have some Cuphea ignea 'David Verity'. Great in the pot or inground in full sun. Likes lots of water and great hummer plant. Very difficult to find in western NY if at all. That is all I have done so far.

• pbl_ge
    11 years ago

I'm new to the area, so didn't receive an invite. Could you please email the information to me? Should be able to reach me from my page.

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    11 years ago

PBL, I can't send the invite by clicking on your name because it uses a fill in form and hides your email. The invites are sent through an external site so I need to enter in your email address there.

Either click on my name and send me your email address through the fill in form, or I sent you a message, you can simply reply to that. Whichever is easier! Hope you can join us!

• rbirch
    11 years ago

Hi everyone, I rsvp'd also. I have not posted in forever but I've been lurking. I have grasses to share if anyone is interested, some hosta, tiger eyes sumac, etc. cant wait to see everyone. Glen.

• eclecticcottage
    11 years ago

I couldn't find a date so I hope I haven't missed it! Message sent (I hope) requesting an invite. I'll have to see what I can round up to bring...I KNOW I have Japanese Quince volunteers for sure.

• eclecticcottage
    11 years ago

I am not sure if anyone will catch this, I looked for a "what I'm bringing" type thread and didn't find one. I am looking for some Rosa Rugosa, not fussy about color but looking for one of the hybrids that will be a repeat bloomer.

I should be able to split my spiderwort (deep purple), and dig some wild white violets. I have two small rose of sharon too, and some day lilies and hosta...and quince for sure, I always seem to have that to dig. Some glad bulbs I never planted...and I could dead head some poppy seed heads...hmm...

• rosalinda_gw
    11 years ago

Hi Eclectic,
    The Swap is this coming Sunday, 3 June. Did you get your invite?

Hope to see you there on Sunday

-Rosalinda

• eclecticcottage
    11 years ago

Well...I better pot up tomorrow, lol. No, not yet :)

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    11 years ago

eclecticcottage, for some reason, your message didn't go through. I'll try and email you, if you get it, email me back so I can forward the invite to you. The swap is tomorrow at 11 (although we usually have about an hour of setup before we get started).

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Has anyone heard from Tauna? I just realized she didn't RSVP!

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK, I've sent the address through punchbowl to everyone who RSVP'd yes. See you all tomorrow! If you didn't get my address and would like to attend, please let me know!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022