Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_frog

Big plant order!!! :)

garden_frog
18 years ago

I just put in a big plant order at Bluestone!! I am sooooo excited to fill my new gardens!!!

I ordered several plants I am familiar with, but I also ordered several I've never seem before. I hope I like them!

I also ordered some seeds from Park. I was shocked to see that they now carry Angelonia seeds...my favorite annual. So I got some of those as well as some other annuals. Sunflowers, morning glories, petunias, and a bunch of other stuff. I know what to do with the sunflowers, but as far as the other annuals...the petunias and stuff, should I start them indoors? And if so, is it too late if I start them this week when they come in?

Anyone else ordering anything this year??

Also, I posted some new questions to the thread about my gardening renovations. I need some suggestions, so check it out if you get a chance! Here's the thread...

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/upstateny/msg0417231420882.html?7

Thanks!

Tara

Comments (4)

• laurelin
    18 years ago

Tara,

I've got a big (for me) order coming from Bluestone soon. I really like their plants, and when I ordered early (February) I got to take advantage of their special coupons and freebies - quite a nice bonus, like getting an extra 25% free on my order.

I'm also waiting on two small orders from Oakes and Sunshine Hollow Daylilies, and an order from Wayside Gardens (a serviceberry tree and a potentilla shrub). My Gilbert H. Wild daylily order got here yesterday, and those babies are already in the ground. I just LOVE getting plants in the mail!! I ordered less this year than in previous years, but it's still exciting.

Laurel

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That service berry tree is gorgeous!! Your in zone 5/4 and you are already getting plants??? WOW!

I had coupons for Bluestone but I lost them. :( I debated ordering from some of the other nurseries I had coupons for, but with such a big order, I figure stick with someone I trust.

Oakes has such wonderful varieties. What did you order from them?

• faltered
    18 years ago

How cool, sounds like you all are getting some great stuff in the mail.

I ordered from two places, but probably won't get mine for another three weeks or so. I'm getting antsy!

Tracy

• laurelin
    18 years ago

garden_frog,

From Oakes I ordered 'Wayside King Royale,' 'Desert Princess,' and 'Streaker.' (I got quite a few plants from them last year, huge clumps, so I'm excited to get a few more.) I've had my eye on 'WKRoyale' for a couple years, so I sprang for it this year. I'm not collecting the latest and greatest, and I have different color themes in my front and back yards (cool in front, hot in back), so my orders always look kind of schizo. (I hope when some else sees what I order they don't think, "She's going to plant THOSE side by side? Yucchhhh!") From G. H. Wild I just received 'Mateus,' 'Zagora,' 'Dancing Penny,' and 'Lady Cynthia' as a bonus. From Sunshine Hollow's clump sale (great deals) I ordered 'Banditman,' 'Border Crossing,' 'Morri,' 'Matt,' and 'Indian Ripples.'

And, after getting my Bluestone catalog in the mail yesterday, I checked out their 40-50% off web specials, and ordered a couple more things for my new shady woodland border. NO MORE CATALOG ORDERS for me!!! I've spent my portion of income tax return mad money, so it's time to stop.

Laurel

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES