Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
penny1947_gw

Weber's Greenhuose, W. Seneca

penny1947
16 years ago

Anyone familiar with Weber's on French Rd. in W. Seneca? I ordered a Royal Red Buddleia from Menne's Nursery last week and they called yesterday to tell me that they got some in. I went to pick it up and as I always check out any info about the grower on the pot or tag I discovered it came from Weber's. The plants were really strong and healthy and was very impressed. I know that they do retail as well as wholesale and wondered if anyone has purchased from them and what they thought.

Penny

Comments (12)

• jothegirl
    16 years ago

I'm a South Buffalo gal who's a regular in "Gardenville", aka West Seneca around Clinton/ French Rd. Mike Weber grows his own plants, unlike other nursery's in same area who have bigger names. I know he grows for other nurseries in area, so I'm not surprised you "found him" at Menne's. Mike Weber (there's another Weber on same road) has good selection of perennials, including unusual varieties. Good herbs, too. Known for his pansies as well. Hope this helps.
    I'd recommend to anyone. You won't find tools, pots, seeds, etc., just good quality plants.

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi Penny,
    I go there every year. I know I mentioned it is near Earsings that Kathy and I talked about at the plant swap, like you would remember all that right, lol. They carry some neat varieties sometimes well priced, sometimes not. Earsings is not as big, but always has wonderful plants at great prices.
    Remy

• husky004_
    16 years ago

Penny-Gimme a call and I'll take you on a tour of the great greenhouses in West Seneca.

• virgiebaby165
    16 years ago

Nice day trip to buy plants...3 or 4 in the same area! I do prefer Weber's to Majewski anyday. Love to go in Aug. when Earsings have their $1 perennial end of season sale too...I started a lot of beds with their $1 goodies.

Ginny B

• penny1947
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Husky
    That sounds like a plan! I am always on the lookout for good plants. I like the fact that Weber's grows their own plants....maybe we should invite them to the plant swap LOL!

BTW I have a great cuphea this year for the swap. DOn't know how many I will have as everyone wants it for their hummer gardens It is Cuphea ignea 'David Verity' a hybrid between ignea and micopetala. I have about 15 right now with about 6 or 7 spoken for so I hope to get more cuttings well rooted in time.

Penny

• husky004_
    16 years ago

Penny-Make that 8 spoken for I just emailed you lol. Kathy

• penny1947
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got your email Kathy! No problem. I already had one set aside for you. BTW, the first hummer siting has been reported in western NY. The winds will be coming from the south now so there should be a push northward.

Penny

• jodeefive
    16 years ago

Yes Penny im not sure you remember me, thats where last year i got my cigar plants was webers. Im in south buffalo also.. i also buy from a place called lavacets near the clinton bailey market.

Jolene South buffalo

• penny1947
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jolene yes I do remember you. The hummer forum is beginning to heat up. I hope you are feeling better this year and able to get around. Hey that is good to know about Weber's.

Penny

• husky004_
    16 years ago

Penny...nag..nag..nag...ok it'll be up this weekend I promise!!!

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Penny,
    I've got little babies of Cuphea 'Summer Medley' started. I've also got some other nice plants going. One in particular you may like is Ipomoea hederifolia lutea. It looks like Hummer's would like it. I'll save one for you if you want it.
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Ipomoea

• penny1947
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Remy,
    I have heard of Ipomoea hederifolia lutea but not seen the flower. Once it takes off it will be climbing all over your house keep it away from other plants LOL!

Penny

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County