Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_frog

10th Annual WNY Plant Swap - invites have gone out!

garden_frog
10 years ago

I just sent invites to the 10th Annual Western NY Plant swap this morning.

Looking forward to a great time as usual! If you have not attended, it's always a great time, and a great opportunity to meet other gardeners in the area! The swap is held in Hamlin, NY (midway between Buffalo and Rochester) and is open to anyone who would like to attend. We have a plant swap, pot luck, and a Yankee gift exchange (optional).

If you are interested in attending but did not receive an invite, or if you would like more information, let me know!

Comments (12)

• rosalinda_gw
    10 years ago

Hooray! News to brighten the saddest heart! And I am feeling very sad for Hilde.

As always really looking forward to this. Looking as if I lost some shrubs to rabbit and deer damage - sigh.....

-Rosalinda

• eclecticcottage
    10 years ago

Just got mine too, yay! I will be there, will talk to a friend of ours that might want to come too, she just bought her house last year and has a whole garden to create :) Gotta decide on a potluck thing before responding. Glad I'll have a bit more time to pot and plan this year!!

I always need more plants...even if I really don't :P

• lindalou
    10 years ago

sent you an email, tara.......thanks!! :)

• husky004_
    10 years ago

I'm in Tara can't believe it's been 10 years, we have to do something special for all the originals!

• garden_frog
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lindalou, I don't think I got your email unless you mean your RSVP? Did I miss it?

And Kathy, don't you worry - I've got something in the works although I'm still trying to work out the specifics! :)

• penny1947
    10 years ago

I 'm in too! I have been thinking about this swap since we got back from our cruise in March. CAN'T WAIT!

PENNY

• rosalinda_gw
    10 years ago

Another spectacular plant swap hosted by Tara and Scott. What a wonderful time we all had, great plants, wonderful people, and an amazing feast. Lots of love, friendship and laughter - who could ask for anything more.

-Rosalinda

• gottagarden
    10 years ago

Tara and Scott - you guys are the best!! Thanks so much for hosting a fabulous swap.

• eclecticcottage
    10 years ago

We had a great time again this year and I'm already looking forward to next year!! I can't thank everyone enough for all the great plants! We've gone from nearly 0 to 6 beds since we bought the Cottage, and I could NEVER have done it without so many generous folks at the swap and CL giving me plants!! My hope is to be part of our garden tour either next year or in three years (ours are every other year) and I could only DREAM of doing that when we bought the place, lol.

I included a link to my (neglected) blog below, to a post from last year showing what we had to start with and what it became as of last July (of the "main" bed). I have two hosta beds, two other "near house" beds and another by the road now too that I don't have pics of, and only the two "near house" bed even remotely existed before (mostly weeds with a few plants like a Hydrangea and poppies).

Gottagarden, let me know if those Quince don't make it, I had dug them the day before. I can ALWAYS dig more if you'd like :) goodness knows that shrub is the "gift" that just keeps giving whether I want it to or not!

Here is a link that might be useful: pics from my gardens

• rosalinda_gw
    10 years ago

Whoever got the peony from me at the swap, it is not pink, it is a dark magenta red, and very fragrant - not sure what variety.

-Rosalinda

• husky004_
    10 years ago

Tara & Scott-sorry for the late post but as always a great time, thanks for everything. Just wasn't the same without my co-pilot Penny, I didn't get lost!!!!! Ok a little bit on the way home! Scott you outdid yourself with the barbecue, it was amazing. As always good to see old friends and meet new swappers, Thanks to all!

• McHaleBrent
    10 years ago

Hello, I am very interested in your plant swap. I know that you guys already had one in June or whenever you had it, and if you have planned the next one already or are in the process it would be very much appreciated if you could email me an invite and the details when you can. I am somewhat new to growing plants, but I am starting to slowly grow my collection. Thank you guys very much.

Brent

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years