Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcususa

Hello to everyone in WNY (new member)

MarcusUSA
18 years ago

I hope everyone survived the snowstorm this past weekend. It was kind of weird for me, as I have been busy raking the beds around my new house, searching for whatever is there. I live in Angola, NY, adjacent to Lake Erie, and am looking forward to developing my garden. Any and all suggestions welcomed. Ciao !!!

Comments (5)

• penny1947
    18 years ago

Hi Marcus,
    Welcome to the forum. I am still shoveling out from under the snow but at least the sun is out so that is good. Some people got the rain as opposed to the heavy wet snow and some of us may even have lakefront property for a while but hopefully every one is safe and we won't have any more of this for the rest of the year. I too was out cleaning up beds and looking to see what was coming up before this hit on Friday.

Penny

• lblack61
    18 years ago

Welcome, welcome, MarcusUSA :-)
    What's your gardening experience, and what brought you to GardenWeb?
    I grew up on the west side of Rochester, 45 minutes from Buffalo, so I can relate to the snow. We do get bashed here in Oswego Cty, but it hasn't been too bad this year (not like last year). In this last storm, we've got lots of rain and a little wet snow, but nothing that sticks.

• Carol_from_ny
    18 years ago

Snow???? We got rain..massive flooding. I can't leave my house as all roads out are flooded. And just the day before I was happily outside trimming back some hedges and raking some of the yard!
    Looks like the new spring color for my part of NY is going to be mud brown.....at least till things dry out.

• faltered
    18 years ago

Marcus: Welcome to the bunch! I love Angola. My BF and I live in Hamburg, not too far from you. He used to live in Silver Creek, so we still head down to Sunset in the summer to lay on the beach. And then of course we hit up Frosty Treat for an ice cream on the way home.

I'm looking forward to the warmer weather. Hopefully we won't see any more snow until December!

Here is a link that might be useful: My website

• hammerl
    18 years ago

Hi Marcus. Hope you are dealing with all the snow ok. We have some up here in Williamsville where I am but only got maybe 8" that has already compressed down to around 2 or so. Heavy and slushy, though, hate to think what it's doing to all my plants and recently opened bulbs.

I don't get to Angola for much, but I usually head down to Sunset bay in the summer (apparently like faltered does). My brother-in-law used to live in Silver Creek.

Not sure how long you've been in Angola. The late spring blast of slush is not normal. Be patient with the beds and just wait a day and the weather will change.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz