Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rini_gw

Annual Nursery Stock Auction/Rochester, NY

rini
19 years ago

Edgewood Nursery in 620 Walworth Penfield Road (Route 441), Macedon, NY is a wholesale nursery. Last year they held an auction to sell of their old(er) stock. It looks like they are doing it again on May 7th. this website has more information

http://www.reynoldsauction.com/

I've driven by the nursery before and they have some gorgeous plants -- if anyone has attended the auction, any information would be great!

Rini

Comments (5)

• penny1947
    19 years ago

Sure wish they were closer!

Penny

• harebelle
    19 years ago

This is great to know! I've been to Reynolds auctions, but not nursery auctions. This will be a first for me. Thanks for posting this. See you there?

H

• kklady
    19 years ago

Wish I wasn't working, I would make the trip to go.
    I have been to one nursery auction outside of Syracuse...and it was great.
    The great looking trees went for alot more than I wanted to pay, but I got a skinny 15ft sun honey locust tree for $10.....and within 2 years of getting it out of its pot, it is full and beautiful and about 20 ft tall now.
    I also purchased 5 skinny trees - 3 Maples and 2 Oaks, that were at least 10 ft tall....for a total of $15.00...and all except one has filled out nicely.
    Also picked up 20 5 gal pots of burning bushes for $1.00 each to plant around a dog pen we have.
    If you go, have an idea of what they normally sell for in places like Lowes, HD....and take lots of money, lol.

Have a great time if you go...

• rini
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Harebell- I hope to see you there! I'm very excited as I missed last year's auction. Me (and my husband's truck) will be there :)

kklady - that is an excellent idea to check prices at the local shop.

I hope to see other 'gardenwebbers' there.

-Rini

• breenthumb
    18 years ago

Anyone get there and care to share their thoughts?

I missed it today, but as I was turning onto the corner of my road I saw LOTS of beautiful new good sized evergreens in all stages of being planted--standing, laying down. Someone still out there so just had to stop and ask, even though they are strangers to me. Sure enough, he'd been to the auction and got absolutely gorgeous hemlock, spruce, etc. for little more than garden centers and box stores get for little ones not nearly as nice. Said also lots of little ones there for much less and auctioned earlier, but not what he needed so waited. I'm not kicking myself too much because I still need a plan and lots of exterior work done here this summer. But I'll be there with bells on for sure next year. Sandy

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville