Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hummer gardeners are your feeders up?

Posted by penny1947 z6 WNY (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 07 at 14:11

The first report is in from Hamnilton, Ontario. The first hummer across the border was seen on April 11th! NY state hasn't had its first report in yet! Get those feeders up Any coming into our area is going to need all the help they can get until it starts to warm up a bit more and our spring trees and shrubs come into bloom.

Penny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummer gardeners are your feeders up?

Will get mine up this weekend Penny!

o

I'm going to put mine up this weekend too! Hope this warm weather will guide them right to my yard, encourage my daffies to open up and coax the tulips up a little higher! Oh the joy of know that all weekend I will be out in the dirt! I'm ready!

o

• Posted by hammerl z5-6 Amherst NY (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 20, 07 at 13:12

put mine up yesterday since I am stuck sitting around the house, recovering from bronchitis/asthma/sinus infection. No hummers yet, though. :)

o

I hope you get well soon. I had bronchitis earlier and just couldn't get rid of it. It will probably be a little longer for us but at least any that pass through on their way across the river will find some nourishment. Although today sure does feel like a hummer of a day!

Penny

o

First report for NY state is in Lancaster, NY Saturday April 21st.

Penny

o

There are now several reports for NY State:
Lancaster, Crown Point, Suffolk County, and a new one today for Ontario County

Penny

o

Glen Spey in Sullivan COunty and Rushville, in Yates county not Ontario county as previously posted...sorry folks

Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here