Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CNY Tomato plants

Posted by emann8 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 26, 07 at 14:18

I have this posted under tomatoes also, but thought I'd try here too. Yesterday the puppies dumped and shredded a flat of polish linguisa seedlings (50 total) It's to late to start new so I'm looking for some place not to far from syracuse to purchase 20 seedling/transplants. Either the polish l. or opalka any help would be great Thanks

E

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CNY Tomato plants

guess not

o

I'm looking for the same thing guess Central NY doesn't have heirloom tomato plants for sale. The place I use to go has gone out of business and I have not found any place since then. Sad.

o

Sorry I just read this today. I just didn't get it together to grow from seed this year, so I ordered heirlooms online from Select Seeds. Ouch! Will not do it next year,due to the expense of shipping (which I didn't really pay attention to; I ordered in the wee hours of the morning... kind of like now...)

Anyhow, I was at the Syracuse Real Food Coop. on Kensington Ave. in Syracuse a few days ago, and saw that they'd be selling heirloom tomatoes (and maybe other plants; I don't remember) today. Frosty Morning Farms (in Truxton) was one of the growers. I have met Karl and Alison; they've been working hard as dedicated organic farmers for many years now. So call the coop, although they might have sold out in one day or just been there for a few hours (open 7 days a week, 9 to 9, and no, I'm not getting a comission!) We have some family history tied up at the co-op; DH and I met there almost 19 years ago!

Tell 'em Carolyn sent you, and if you have time, check out Barry Park, one block south. City living ain't all bad!

Carolyn in Jordan

o

Thank YOU, mountainsong for taking the time to post much appreciated. :)

The information is very helpful and even if it's too late this year next year I'll know where to go for heirloom tomato plants locally instead of ordering online.

Sandra

o

Thanks Carolyn. I ended up planting 40 San Marzano instead of 20 & 20. I know truxton used to live in cyler just up the road. Will keep this in mind for future reference.

E

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here