Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My 3 cremated Siberian huskies

Posted by mudlady Syracuse-z5 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 14:38

I live near the west side of Syracuse, out in farm country. I am in Conquest which has a Port Byron mailing address, and I am about 20 miles south of Lake Ontario. I want to plant a weeping mulberry tree near my bird feeders--yes I know the birds poop will be nasty. I have the ashes of three good sized dogs and want to know if I can place these ashes into the bottom of the hole that will be dug for the tree. I have no idea of the composition of the ashes, but I am sure all the hair and soft tissue is reduced to almost nothing and suspect the bones make up the majority of the ash. Thank you to anyone who has suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My 3 cremated Siberian huskies

Hi mudlady!
I'm right around the corner from you in weedsport :). Howdy neighbor!

I would have to assume that the ashes would be just fine. When our dog passed away we buried him and then planted a oak tree right next to him. That was 7 years ago, the tree is fine and growing as usual. He was about 150 pounds when he passed. Hope this helps.

vina

o
RE: My 3 cremated Siberian huskies

I think the ashes are mostly calcium phosphate. I don't know if the amount of calcium phosphate from the remains of three huskies is enough to affect the growth of a mulberry. You could try searching for those terms and see what you come up with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here