Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's up wny?!

Posted by baunlee 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 15:20

Hi everyone,
Just wondering why the upper ny forum is so quiet. I would have thought everyone was getting ready by now. I'll have to check if there is a zone 5 forum.

Does anyone know when the Clarence garden club plant sale is this year?

I didn't see anything on their Facebook page. I'll be going to the buffalo botanical garden bulb sale on the 9th and just got back from michlers 49cent sale, got some great stuff for cheap.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's up wny?!

Not western NY but CNY here. I think everyone is mopey from the weather. I know I am! I've been having a rough time this year with my seedlings. I'm not new to gardening and still have had a terrible time with overwatering, damping off and fungal gnats. I can't seem to get any of it under control, which doesn't help my mood!

As soon as we get sun and warmth again I think people will be popping their heads outside and think more about gardening. I think we're out of the woods as far as that 4 letter s word goes. However, the weather has still been anything but cooperative. I think a spell of nice weather would certainly go a long way and is long overdue!

o

I suspect it's just this rain that WILL NOT STOP keeping a lid on things. Professionally, I work with farmers and they're in a similar mood. We've had two times now where the ground was a day from being dry enough to start planting the early ground, and another half inch of rain came pouring down to spoil the chance. It doesn't do good things for a person's enthusiasm."

I'm strongly considering planting my veggie garden this weekend and to heck with the fact that the weather isn't cooperating.

o

This weather stinks. Its early May. Another month its all down hill from here. time to get ready for another winter. Just think we have less than 90 days to grow our garden. Its been so cold and windy I cant plant my strawberry plants yet.

o

This weather stinks. Its early May. Another month its all down hill from here. time to get ready for another winter. Just think we have less than 90 days to grow our garden. Its been so cold and windy I cant plant my strawberry plants yet.

o

Quick! Run outside! The sun is shining! The sun is shining!

o

Seems like we are getting closer. My 300+ pepper plants have been hardened off and live out side during the day but they have to come back in on these chilly nights. i am really tired of moving these everyday!!!! My superhots need to get in the ground for the long season

o

There's a sale in Clarence this weekend:

Here is a link that might be useful: clarence plant sale posting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here