Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magicman2u

Transplanted Shasta Daisy's

magicman2u
18 years ago

Hello all hope your spring is warming up and you are getting that much need garden work done. I Am a rather new gardener and came across a problem that needed fixing. I turned to the World Wide Web for my answer and I hope I did it right! I had this enormous shasta daisy ...I let it go last year and it didn't do nearly as well as the year before. Yesterday I was looking at it and looks like someone dropped a 30lb rock on it about 50 times. It was all flated out in different directions. There was alittle green starting to grow but last year it would have been triple that. The first and second year this things were so beutiful and then last year I noticed the decline!Also there is hardly any center growth at all!! Well Today I did the dreaded to my Poor Baby Shasta's. I chopped them in to 8 sections! WEll I planted 5 sections of My Shasta's throughout my yard and put 3 in gallon containers. I think I did it right and I feel the end result will be best...but It really killed me to do this! Has any one else felt like this? Someone please tell me they will be like they once were......Wayne

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals