Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
planting

Posted by jerome69 6 (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 6:54

is it to early to put in some vegetable plants? green peppers,hot peppers and cucumbers and the tomatoes. have small garden and can protect them in case of possible frost.(grand island,nia. falls area)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: planting

Jerome,
Peoppers might be a bit risky as they like it hot. I have never had good luck with peppers if I planted them early. The others may be ok but they won't do much until it starts to heat up. I had wanted to do some tomatoes and peppers during last week end but then I looked at the extended forecast and decided to wait another week or so. I am hoping that this will be our last cold snap and I can get things in the ground. I am tired of moving pots in and out of the garage and covereing my seed racks.

BTW I am in N. Ton.

Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here