Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anne_marie_alb

Pictures of plants I 'adopted' at the Scotia Exchange last year

Anne_Marie_Alb
18 years ago

I just started a new folder for the plants I brought home last year from the Scotia Exchange. Have many more to add--as they will be blooming. Thanks everyone.

Scotia Exchange Hope the link works.

Anne-Marie

Comments (7)

• kareen
    18 years ago

Wow Anne_Marie,
    Your attention to detail and your organizational abilities are amazing . I consider myself accomplished when I get them out of the containers and into the ground. Having said that I am truly grateful for all the great plants I received last year at the swap and am looking forward to seeing all of you again and some new faces.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pond and gardens

• fairydancer
    18 years ago

Oh I love that pink lamium!!! You are AWEfully together and organized! Your gardens must be amazing. I may have to invite myself over for a tour. lol

~Deb

• kareen
    18 years ago

I can't beleive the next swap is in 2 weeks....seems like we have been waiting a year for it and as a matter of fact we have. For those who are on the fence about going or haven't been before go to my link below for some of last year's photos compliments of Toplady.

Here is a link that might be useful: Albany area gardedweb plant swap

• fairydancer
    18 years ago

Wow! Looks like there were a TON of plants. I have a feeling I'm going to feel pretty silly showing up with my measly little box of winter sown seedlings. I'll make up for it next year when its time to divide and thin out! I'm getting very excited....lets hope we've gotten all the rain out of the way.

~Deb

• wantoretire_did
    18 years ago

Hi Anne Marie - I have been surfing and it seems Ajuga is very invasive. Is this so? I have a very wet area that can use some invasion..... Are you happy with it?

Looking forward to seeing you all at the swap.

Carol

• Anne_Marie_Alb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Carol.... I LOVE my ajuga!!! It is the first one that I haven't killed!!!! Very grateful to Shimla! I had tried twice already. It is a gorgeous blue/purple, and big spikes. The area it is in is pretty shady and 'dry' because of the maple trees (a struggle to grow anything under a Norway maple). I have taken extra care of it, and I'm very proud it has survived. It has not become invasive (yet). I could try to bring you some if you want.

Thanks, Kareen, for the Exchange pictures. Is anyone going to have a camera? I'll bring mine, but it is not digital... I must be the last person in America not to have a cell phone and use a 28 year-old camera!!!! LOL!

Deb.. I'm looking forward to seeing your WS babies... This is the size I like.. until you see how much they grow the following year.. Then, it is time to dig up, divide, share..

Have a nice memorial weekend..
    I have lots of seedlings to separate --the ones I keep from the ones I can't!
    Anne-Marie

• adkmountaingirl
    18 years ago

ANNE-MARIE and KAREEN: Thanks for sharing your pictures with us all!!

TO DEB and any other "NEWBIES" coming to the exchange on the 11th:

DON'T WORRY about not having a lot to bring this year... since I was so new at it last year all I could bring were a dozen plastic pots...and people were all so friendly and encouraging when they didn't see many of my sticks in plants that I wanted (I felt funny taking but not giving) that I ended up with more wonderful plants than I could count.

In fact, Shimla, if I remember correctly, you were pushing plants at everyone at the end of the day - "sure you can't take just one more?" - LOL - because no one wanted to take home again what they had brought to give away!! I was one of the 3 human inhabitants of the green subaru that was stuffed to the gills with new plants...we couldn't have squeezed in even one more plant!! I only wish someone had thought to take a picture as we loaded up and drove away...what a sight we were!! ha, ha!

I'll bring my digital camera this year to record the event for posterity! I'll just have to have someone show me how to get them off the memory stick and onto the web!

Anyway, the point is that regardless of how much you have to share, I think I can speak for anyone who was at last year's exchange... "come, meet everyone, relax, laugh, eat, and trade" and you'll enjoy the day, right girls??!

adkdmountaingirl
    Wilton, NY