Frost warning for early Monday morning, June 1

sewobsessed
14 years ago

Grrrrr!!!!!

SFC HIGH PRESSURE CRESTS OVER THE REGION SUNDAY NIGHT...AND GIVEN

THE NATURE OF THE AIRMASS...WE MAY BE DEALING WITH ANOTHER FROST

POTENTIAL GOING INTO MONDAY MORNING.

~sigh~

Cover or bring in those tenders on Sunday night.

:(

Comments (7)

• awalkinthegarden
    14 years ago

Thank you for the warning. I had no ideas...Think I am in trouble. Just planted 100 tomatoes, 100 peppers, 50 egg plants....

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I'm in trouble too. I planted everything out Memorial Day weekend. No way to cover it. I might be watering like made before sunrise Monday morning.
    :(

• herbalbetty
    14 years ago

And last week we had a freeze of 26 degrees. It's been a long cool spring!

• gottagarden
    14 years ago

Cool - but no rain! Where is the rain??

• awalkinthegarden
    14 years ago

GG, it has been raining where I am now every day for 3 days on& off), and more rain just last night. Hope this helps with the pending frost tonight.

• misskimmie
    14 years ago

Where's the rain ??? I't in Utica. It rained almost all of last week. Yesterday (Saturday May 30) was very nice, I crammed in as much gardening as I could, But I didn't finish planting my tomatoes and it's raining again today. Forcast for rain on Monday and Tuesday too. :(

• herbalbetty
    14 years ago

We are about 6 inches behind in rain for this year. And last night it got down to 30.4 degrees. Covered the tomatoes, peppers, strawberries in full flower, etc. Last week's freeze got some of my perennials though - hardy kiwi vine, ostrich ferns, spikenard, wild yam, irises (which were in bud). We'll see how the fruit trees do!

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions