Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frost Warning !!!

Posted by breenthumb z5upstateNY (My Page) on
Sat, May 20, 06 at 14:52

Just got this email from the Garden Factory, Rochester, NY. Looks like we have a little skurrying to do. Sandy

Frost Warning!

The weather this evening is being described as unseasonably cold. It may drop down into the 30s! Burrr. Please take action to protect your plants from frost.

Protect your Annuals, Veggies and Herbs.
Cover your bedding annuals, veggies and herbs with old sheets or towels to protect them from frost. Gallon milk jugs or 2 liter soda bottles with the bottoms cut out can be used to protect small vegetables plants.

Protect you Hanging Baskets and Container Gardens.
Bring your Hanging Baskets and Container Gardens into the house or garage for the evening.

Thank you,

The Garden Factory

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frost Warning !!!

My plants have been in the garage since last night. Anything outside will have to sink or swim.

Penny

o

I sure hope you are wrong, I have so many plants outsdie it would take a night to get them inside. I checked my weather and it said 45 for tonight.

o

Its say 39 degrees here tonight. I will zip up my greenhouse and like Penny said ...everything else is on thier own!...Wayne

o

Luckily I haven't planted anything that I sowed indoors yet. My winter sown babies are in the ground but they're used to the cooler weather. Covered up my morning glories that had sprouted so I didn't lose them. Hopefully we'll be in the clear after tonight.

I hear 80s for the weekend.

Tracy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here