Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
possible snow tonght

Posted by penny1947 z6 WNY (My Page) on
Sun, May 18, 08 at 16:12

OK here it is Mzay 18th. I have planted a few things but very few. It is 50 degrees right now here in NT at 4:00 in the afternoon and we are supposed to go down to 37 tonght and by early a.m. on Monday we are supposed to have a wind chill of 32 degrees with wet snow mixed with rain. I just finished moving all the pots back into the garage or on the porch yet one more time. Is it ever going to warm up this year?

Penny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: possible snow tonght

I'm so disheartened! I just finished moving in all my seedlings again! This weather has really got me down. Next weekend I will be frantically putting in my mother's flowers as well as trying to get in my own garden.

I have marigolds with buds on them. I wonder if I'll get them planted before they bloom.

o

It only says that the low temperature will be 45 degrees tonight for the capital district. My plants have all been outside in pots waiting to be planted when it's about May 25th, but none of them suffered any damage aside from the lettuce getting top burn from a cloudy day. It only said rainshowers, not snow showers here...good luck

o

Booberry my marigolds are in the ground and blooming. They are too spread out so I doubt I will do anything with them.
blueberries
No significant warm up until the end of next week here in the Buffalo/Niagara region.

Penny

o

Yeah I had to scramble because I decided to plant out a week ago lol. So I had to cover my peppers and (I know your all going to call me crazy) my tomatoes. Everything lived and looks perfectly healthy. Tomorrow I should be getting in even more seeds as I don't think frost is going to be a problem ever again this year.

o

We dind't get the snow rain mix but I am not complaining. The next night there were freeze warnings for certain arias and we did go down to 37 here in Niagara county. I still haven't taken the plants out of the garage though I did open the door yesterday when the sun came out and it warmed up a bit. Today may be another story. I think after today it will start to warm up for real....I HOPE!

Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here