Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirthappy

all out planting weekend

dirthappy
17 years ago

I'm off work tomorrow through next Tuesday. It's my time to plant all the beds, buy more where I need it and just take some R&R. I'm so looking forward to a totally home bound, domestic 6 days.

Hope you all enjoy your Memorial Day weekend, too.

Robin

Comments (11)

• penny1947
    17 years ago

Robin
    It will be the perfect week end to play in the dirt and relax ...Enjoy! I started my planting yesterday and have way too much to plant!

Penny

• Dottie B.
    17 years ago

I cannot wait!!! I only have three days off, but I am going to make the most of it, as long as this little Spring cold I'm coming down with doesn't hold me back (I've been taking Zicam so I don't think it's going to be too bad). I am hitting the Regional Market very early Saturday morning and stocking up on my annuals and then planting for the rest of the day. Then I need to finish doing some weeding and hopefully I can relax for the remainder of the weekend and enjoy the fruits of my labor. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend as well!

• faltered
    17 years ago

I wish I was going to be home this weekend- that's exactly what I would be doing. Instead I have to cram it all in tonight! Happy planting.

Tracy

• booberry85
    17 years ago

I'm going to be "making mud pies" as my DH puts it this weekend. Can't wait to get rolling! I too, have a three day weekend to get most of the garden together.

• gottagarden
    17 years ago

With all that planting and weeding and mulching, I don't think you'll have much time for R&R. But it will be fun!

• laurelin
    17 years ago

I'd like to do some garden stuff this weekend, too. It'll have to be light-weight, but I can cram a lot of light-weight work into a few nice hours. I might snatch up some annuals at Lowes and do some "window dressing" around the perennials. The mulching will have to wait until next week, at least. I hope to get that done before the garden swap, if my husband will let me dirty up his car (my minivan is toast - long story).

Laurel

• dirthappy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It didn't take long to take a full greenhouse and make it empty. All thats left are some asters and delphiniums and hubbys flowers. I have no idea where the delphiniums will go since they're too tall for my beds. I am so sore and achy. Somewhere around 4 yesterday I decided I don't like gardening. I was just tired, I didn't mean it.

• party_music50
    17 years ago

dirthappy: "I didn't mean it". lol!

but, yikes! a greenhouse full?! lucky you! :)

• penny1947
    17 years ago

I am down to about 4 or 5 flats of seedlings now I think. I started around 7:30 this a.m. I have got to get this obsession under control next year.

Penny

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Well, I only got a little done today - planted a couple six-packs of marigolds around my tomatoes (my WS ones were no-shows), and direct-sowed a couple packs of 'Alaska' nasturtiums. Bending over just was NOT comfortable for my neck, and gardening while sitting and being eaten by mosquitos wasn't much fun either. Maybe I'll do a little more tomorrow. Oh, I helped our daughter plant pumpkin seeds, just one "hill" this year, and I let her plant some pole beans. She's my garden helper.

The rotten rodent (woodchuck) ate the tops off my sunflowers AGAIN. Grrrrr! Blasted critter.

My irises are loaded with buds. I've got lots of oldies blooming for the first time this year. I also have a bunch of peonies ready to burst into bloom. I wish I had a digital camera. Maybe I'll borrow my sister's for a few days.

Laurel

• dirthappy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

"I have got to get this obsession under control next year."
    Oh that's funny, Penny. If you figure out how to do it let me know. Once we finished planting yesterday and we're sitting on the porch, hubby starts talking about the greenhouse and where we can put it next year. He wanted to know what I plan to start. I'm still trying to recover from this year. He's obsessed.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting