Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My hummers are back!

Posted by party_music50 z5a NY (My Page) on
Sun, May 12, 13 at 20:47

OMG, I saw my first hummer heading to a feeder last evening and have seen several today. Unfortunately, they aren't used to me being around and I keep scaring them away from the feeders -- although there are plenty of garden flowers for them to feed on too. I can't believe they came back when it's SO COLD!!! I'm really worried for them for tonight and the next several nights. :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My hummers are back!

I think ours are too. I heard the buzzing on Friday, but I didn't see him/her. There was an Oriole on the quince yesterday too.

o

I haven't seen any my way yet (Central NY), but the feeders are out.

o

Had one nearly take my head off yesterday while working in garden. He stopped to take a look at my flowers!!! Yippy!!!!

o

Heard my first one chittering away yesterday, but haven't seen any on the feeders yet. I have had a couple of feeders out for about a week, but put out the rest of them today.

o

It finally got warm here again today and they're back in full force! I was repotting plants outdoors and they were chirping like crazy in the trees, zooming around the yard, and buzzing very close by my head (checking me out :) -- I also watched a couple of males chasing each other at the feeders.

o

DH saw the first hummer this morning. I knew they had to be around. I had to replenish the feeders 2 days after they had been filled.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here