Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Members in Oneida County?

party_music50
17 years ago

Hi :)

Hope it's ok to post and ask: are there members here from Oneida County? I see many posters from the "bigger city" areas (Rochester, Albany, Syracuse)... what about the Utica-Rome area and points around that?

Comments (18)

• misskimmie
    17 years ago

Hi - Utica area checking in. I'm actully in New York Mills. I have a large village garden. I have lots of variery - pond, woodland natives, fruits, flowers and veggies. Where are you located ? - Kim

• party_music50
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just north of Rome here. No pond gardens -- and not large by most other standards -- but I pack it in. :o)

• mary1nys
    17 years ago

Sherrill, NY here! Just bought a house last year and getting into gardening. These forums are very helpful! Took a trip to Virginia by car over the past 4 days and on the way home today stopped at The Solsville Hotel about 20 miles away in Madison County for a bite and it started to snow! Quickly raced home to check on my plants! They all seemed to be okay but I heard it may go into the 30's tonight!

• rouan
    17 years ago

HI, I'm in Deerfield. I moved here a few years ago from the Rochester area. I'm involved in the Master Gardener program at the county cooperative extension (near the county airport). I figured it would be a good way to meet other gardeners in the area as well as learn more about gardening around here, since the zone is cooler than where I used to live.

• party_music50
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, that almost makes a handful. lol.

Hello all!

• satire
    17 years ago

I'm in Boonville. Out in the countryside, not the village. Greetings all!!

=gregg=

• hjaa
    17 years ago

Hi, I'm in New Hartford. I don't visit the forums often, but I do check in once in a while. :)

• party_music50
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That's cool! sounds like we've pretty much got the entire county covered. Now I don't feel so "alone". lol!

Hello! :)

• Teri Mastroianni
    17 years ago

WOWO another Deerfield here!

• rouan
    17 years ago

HI Terrets!

What part of Deerfield are you in? I live near Smith Hill Rd, far enough out of the city to feel as if I live in the country, but close enough to Utica that I can get to the grocery store, gas station etc quickly.

• countryhrt
    17 years ago

Hi from Westmoreland area. New to gardening but have managed to nurse along a few perennials and keep them growing! Ã Nice to meet other folks from Oneida County, hope to check back often to share tips and ideas for newbie gardeners like me! lol

• Teri Mastroianni
    17 years ago

Hi Rouan

WOA!!!!! This may freak you out too in a "small kind of world" sort of way....but...I am on fineview drive....just off smith hill! LOL! Nice to meet a neighbor!

• party_music50
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm not able to individually email everyone who responded here, but there are rumblings of a possible "local" garden swap... perhaps around the Rome/Floyd area?. Nothing definite has been set up for a place or date, but I thought "the more the merrier". lol!

If you think you might be interested, please drop me an email!

Lovely June weather, eh? :(

• rouan
    17 years ago

terrets,

Sorry it's taken me so long to answer; I haven't been on the forum for a while. Shades of coincidence.....I live on Fineview Dr too. What fun! Which part of Fineview do you live on? The lower part, or the hill part? I'm on the hill part, not far from where it turns into Marwood.

• marquisella
    17 years ago

This saturday is the Herb & Flower Fest at the Cooperativie Extension near the Oneida County Airport, on the Judd Rd Extension.

Lots of flower vendors & more.

9:30 am to 3:00 pm

M

• rouan
    17 years ago

Marquisella,

I'll be there! I'm one of the Master Gardener volunteers and will be manning several stations over the course of the day. I have high hopes that I'll have enough time on my lunch break to check out all the vendors. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend any of the class sessions as the timing won't work with my lunch break. Also unfortunate, it looks like one of my favorite vendors won't be there this year(from Garden Thyme Herb Shop), although there will be several new ones. At the last MG meeting, they told us the festival has grown from 9 vendors the first year to over 50 for this year. Jus think what the future holds for this festival! :)

• zephyrus
    17 years ago

Hi! I'm in New Hartford. I've got LOTS of cucumber beetles this year (as opposed to ZERO the last two years). Does this year seem to be any worse than the last few years regarding these pests??

• lilium_guy56
    17 years ago

Trenton here. Well closer to Deerfield than trenton. I just have a flower garden and my forte' is Oriental Lilies but I have lots of other things.

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living