Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Finally starting to GROW!

party_music50
10 years ago

wow, this spring has been tough on my vegetable garden! I think it's rained all but 4 days so far in June and the nights have been far too cold for tomatoes and peppers. It finally got really warm here for a few days so we've had a couple nights with temps in the 60s and my plants are LOVING it! It's finally looking like things will grow! :p

I didn't anticipate the bad spring weather and planted my seeds too early, so I had small peppers growing before the plants even went into the garden. The plants haven't grown much but the peppers have and it looks silly -- but I'm hoping to be picking Hungarian Wax before mid-July! :) I'm finally noticing tomatoes forming on a few plants too.... Gold Nugget is always first, and now I see some on Sun Gold, Sophie's Choice, and Black Cherry. At this rate I think my tomatoes will be later than usual and I hate having the wait because I LOVE fresh garden tomatoes!!! :)

On the bright side, my herbs love the weather we've had. Now if I just had fresh tomatoes and peppers and cukes to go with them! lol!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022