Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally starting to GROW!

Posted by party_music50 z5a NY (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 7:29

wow, this spring has been tough on my vegetable garden! I think it's rained all but 4 days so far in June and the nights have been far too cold for tomatoes and peppers. It finally got really warm here for a few days so we've had a couple nights with temps in the 60s and my plants are LOVING it! It's finally looking like things will grow! :p

I didn't anticipate the bad spring weather and planted my seeds too early, so I had small peppers growing before the plants even went into the garden. The plants haven't grown much but the peppers have and it looks silly -- but I'm hoping to be picking Hungarian Wax before mid-July! :) I'm finally noticing tomatoes forming on a few plants too.... Gold Nugget is always first, and now I see some on Sun Gold, Sophie's Choice, and Black Cherry. At this rate I think my tomatoes will be later than usual and I hate having the wait because I LOVE fresh garden tomatoes!!! :)

On the bright side, my herbs love the weather we've had. Now if I just had fresh tomatoes and peppers and cukes to go with them! lol!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally starting to GROW!

Hello! Glad to hear things are moving along for ya! My garden is blowing up here. Things have really taken off the past few weeks. Lots of my peppers are podding, maters just started (plants are getting huge), Eggplants are finally looking good!
Feel free to check out my VGlog on youtube. Im going to try to post every few weeks and some hints and tips that work for me.
http://youtu.be/LLj1EHVWxX0

o

dbuchner - nice peppers. your plants are looking alot better than mine are at this point. Good luck.

o

Hey folks! What kinds of peppers are you all growing? I have 30+ going strong!

o

I am growing the following:
NuMex twilight, Hot wax, Black Cuban, Orange Tree Habanero, Peruvian white hab, chocolate hab, Bhut Jolokia, Cumari, Cheiro recife, Congo Trinidad, lemon drop, Datil, Trinidad Scorpion, 7 pot.
I got a bit of a late start and hoping I will be able to get some pods before winter. If not I will overwinter indoors and try again next year.
Tim

o

Good list! Lots of the same. I got Carolina Reaper, Trinidad Scorpion, Bhut Jolokia, White Bhut Jolokia, CAP 691, Chocolate Hab, Red Hab, Red & Orange Tree, Yellow Devil Tounge, Black Scorpion Tounge, Scotch Bonnet, Red Savina, Bradley's Bahamian, Aji Limon, Black Cuban, Kung Pao, Takanotsume, Sapporro, Hungarian Wax, Jalapeño, Thai mini, F1 Red Missle, few sweets and couple possible crosss. This is my 4th year( 3rd going aggressive). I'm looking to overwinter a select few this year. I have a lot of pods popping out so I should have a good year. My Scorpions are the only ones to not pod yet. I ate a white Hab earlier, yummy and ouch. First super of the year. 1 million scoville to go lol. Happy growing
Dave

o

great list. If I can get some pods this year I would love to trade for some reapers and maybe a white bhut. I also have a chocolate bhut but its very slow going and it may have to overwinter before I can get any ripe pods.

Tim

o

Deal! We will stay in touch.
Dave

o

Sounds good

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here