Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phylrae

Hi Polly! It's Phyl from B'ville :0)

phylrae
17 years ago

Hi Polly! Remember me? It's Phyl in Baldwinsville. If you see this (again, I lost your email address), give me a holler! Wanted to know how your iris are doing and to say hi! And would love to see you again this summer! BTW, will it EVER stop raining? :0) Phyl

Comments (6)

• mountainsong
    17 years ago

Another hi... Phyl, did you get me e-mail??

Carolyn, in Jordan

• PollyNY
    17 years ago

Hi Phyl!

Oh my gosh yes, the iris you gave me have just about all bloomed and they are absolutely beautiful. So glad I was able to get them. My friend Kitty that came with me just loves hers also, she has different colors, and we will trade.

I would love to stop by this summer and buy a bouquet for my daughter. And I have 2 Hellebores set aside to bring to you. I have something else set aside for you, I'll have to check my list, but maybe a Limonium?

I do still have your email address, unless it's changed. We will definitely need to get together.

I have so much to do outside, and this weather is really messing it up. I still work full time, and the Grandkids come out on Sunday, so I only have Saturday to garden, and it was not a gardening day here yesterday.

Talk to you soon.

Polly

• PollyNY
    17 years ago

Oh Phyl----

And I was going to contact you anyway---

Have you ever been to Wayside Gardens in Macedon? I was there just recently and they had a lot of the Echinacea varieties for a decent price. Also they have a lot , a LOT of Roses. This is a big garden center, much bigger than Hafners.

If you take Route 31--the same Route 31 that goes thru B'ville, and go about 70 miles or so west from B'ville. It will be on the left hand side.

Here's their website http://www.waysidegardencenter.com/directions.shtml

If you go, plan on being there a while. If you haven't been I think you would really like it.

Polly

• phylrae
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carolyn, I wrote you separately....hope you get it! :0)
    Polly, I'm so glad the iris bloomed well for you and forKitty! I LOVE the Siberians you gave me! Two have had some blooms so far. Thanks so much for the directions to Wayside Gardens....is it related in any way to the Wayside Gardens online nursery?
    I REALLY want to find some of the newer echinaceas like Sunset (dark orange), Sunrise (yellow), Mango and Twilight (bright pink).
    I have been selling small bouquets from my business (which is called "JoyGiver Mixed Bouquets"). I call them "Portable Petals" and they fit perfectly in the cupholder of one's car. So far they are selling at my school/church like hotcakes! I'm so excited. And we really don't have much blooming yet, due to the lousy weather.

I'll give you my business card next time you come over. My daughter made them for me with a Yahoo account on it! Oh, and I'd love ANYTHING that would make a good bouquet in exchange for making your daughter a big bouquet. Just let me know if you have anything interesting. Limonium sounds really nice.
    Hope to see you soon! :0) Phyl

• PollyNY
    17 years ago

Phyl, I know they had some of the echinaceas you list above. I got the Sunrise myself.

No it's not related to the Wayside online nursery. But you really need to see the place!

I'll have to think what else I have, and we'll get together this summer.

Talk to you soon!

Polly

• phylrae
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi again, Polly....
    Gary told me that he'd love to take a trip out to Wayside sometime this summer-he works at Abbott Farms in B'ville on most of his days off from his regular job, but it interested him alot. The website was excellent-LOTS of perennials and roses, huh? :0)
    Will talk with ya soon. Phyl

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!