Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
booberry85

What are you planting now?

booberry85
15 years ago

My garden is off to a slow start this year. I just got my hot peppers & some basil in the ground yesterday. I still have to plant all of my squashes and all of my beans. I also have zinnias, cosmos, petunia, amaranth & hardy geraniums seedlings to plant. I'm hoping to get lots done by the end of this weekend.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat. So what do you have left to plant?

Comments (9)

• dirthappy
    15 years ago

I have everything planted but it's slow going with growth.

• penny1947
    15 years ago

I am WAY behind this year. I have lots of cannas,tomatoes, Salvias, Cupheas, and beans still to plant

Penny

• clyft
    15 years ago

i've run out of prepared places to plant. but i have an urge to buy more and plant more!! :)

• misskimmie
    15 years ago

I'm almost done with planting. The veggie garden has been finished. I actually got a early start on the cold tolerating plants. Because I winter sowed this year, I still have maybe 10 containers of flower spouts to find spots for.

• faltered
    15 years ago

Just planted the last of my seed-grown annuals that I started indoors. Nasturtium, ageratum, marigolds, some herbs, and a few others I'm forgetting. About 30 in all.

Planted the veggies a week and a half ago I think. Hopefully this hot weather helps them a bit.

Tracy

• suesquatch
    15 years ago

This is the first year I've been able to do this in a looong time.

Transplanted some lilies, salvia, and columbines. Got in some Knock-out roses and clematis. Put down some "cottage garden" seeds from the box. Neighbor roto-tilled a bank for us and tomorrow we're putting in some timbers to build two veggies beds. Tomatoes, peppers, cukes, arugula if we can find it, beans, basil, rosemary, thyme, and we'll see what else Wal*Mart has.

• booberry85
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm still working on the garden. I'm better than 1/2 way through planting. I did get my pole beans, bush beans and some squashes in over the weekend. Today, I am playing hookie from work and will get melons in (I got 2 in yesterday) and some more tomatoes.

• disneynut1977 ~ Melissa
    15 years ago

I got alot out today and yesterday. All my Zinnia's, marigolds, lavender, daisy, 1 lupine, 2 mystery containers, love in the mist, ect. I only have maybe 10 containers to still get in and than move some stuff around and mulch it.

Melissa

• dkotchey
    15 years ago

I'm glad to hear some of you are still planting out. I feel way behind this year. My winter sown seedlings just seemed to take forever this season which is good since I've been so busy with other things this spring. The last week or so I've planted out my winter sown and indoor sown annuals such as several types of nicotiana, petunias, wishbone flowers, lobelia, begonias, impatiens, heliotrope, coleus, etc. Yesterday I planted out my container veggies. This is my first year doing all my veggies in containers. All the veggies are specifically for containers - eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.

I still have more to plant out. They are mostly perennials and a have a bunch of impatiens that are recovering from being water logged and/or dryed out. I'm surprised these little guys can bounce back so well. I was going to throw the impatiens in the compost but just couldn't do it so I planted them in small containers and put them in a shady spot.

Happy Planting!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?